PDA

View Full Version : Raw water pump valve location??

pat6969
07-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Sorry for the dumb question but this is my first summer with my 15 Mondo after a full winterization. Tag says to make sure the raw water pump valve is open. Anybody know where it is on the Raptor? Also I'm assuming the ballast pump valves are under the removable back panels in the lockers. Any other tips for getting it water ready are welcome. Late start this year, can't wait to get out!!!

Pat

flynnva
07-06-2018, 05:36 AM
I have a 2018 Mojo and all the valves are on the fittings that go through the hull bottom. If yours is similar you can access them through the access cover for the V-drive.

Stazi
07-06-2018, 12:06 PM
I have a 2018 Mojo and all the valves are on the fittings that go through the hull bottom. If yours is similar you can access them through the access cover for the V-drive.

Correct. All the valves and intakes are on the floor. The raw water for the engine is typically near the front of the v-drive transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat6969
07-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys. I found the three ballast valves under the tranny cover, couldn't find the raw water intake. Might have to try tracing the intake hose on the impeller. The place that winterized it said some will have a raw water valve, some will not. I'm guessing if the hose goes from the impeller straight to the hull, I should be OK.

Stazi
07-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys. I found the three ballast valves under the tranny cover, couldn't find the raw water intake. Might have to try tracing the intake hose on the impeller. The place that winterized it said some will have a raw water valve, some will not. I'm guessing if the hose goes from the impeller straight to the hull, I should be OK.

Trace the water hose going into the transmission. That’s the first place the water enters before the raw water pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk