PDA

View Full Version : New for 2019

Pages : 1 2 [3]

That Guy
08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Holy moly! These will hold a box anchor?! How sturdy/thick are they? The one in my Axis was paper thin, only trusted a wet jacket and a couple dock lines in it. Are they rated for any weight or is he just getting lucky with that much weight in there? Are the side tubs just as sturdy? Sounds like a great use space that’s much needed!

jcarter20
08-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Perfect. Thanks. Mine is on order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Holy moly! These will hold a box anchor?! How sturdy/thick are they? The one in my Axis was paper thin, only trusted a wet jacket and a couple dock lines in it. Are they rated for any weight or is he just getting lucky with that much weight in there? Are the side tubs just as sturdy? Sounds like a great use space that’s much needed!

It’s pretty thick, probably around 1/8”. It had no problems hold my small box anchor in addition to all the other items listed in Gooses post.

Isaguel
08-22-2018, 06:29 PM
Perfect. Thanks. Mine is on order!

This looks like an awesome addition. Where did you order it from?

MJHSupra
08-22-2018, 07:24 PM
This looks like an awesome addition. Where did you order it from?

From your dealer - per the post from Goose (above)

larry_arizona
08-22-2018, 07:50 PM

Here is a pic of the tray that David Langston has in his boat. He can probably speak into actual usage of the tray more than anyone at this point...

He sent me this picture after he got his tray and he said in the tray he has a box anchor, shore spike, 4-12 foot docking lines, 1-100 ft anchor line, 1-50 ft anchor line, one tube rope, one wakeboard rope and handle, one surf rope and handle and about 6 bungee docking lines.

The tray is about 35 inches long and 28 inches wide. It is about 5.5 inches deep in the middle. Hope that helps. I haven't checked to see if it will fit in a Helix, but I will check later today...

2018 SA would fit a 28x28 tray, any of the new trays in that ball park?

KnoxMojo
08-22-2018, 07:54 PM
2018 SA would fit a 28x28 tray, any of the new trays in that ball park?

Larry, I talked to my dealer, the issue with Supra is how the center support is made and the engine hatch is on hinges instead of a shock like Moombas.

larry_arizona
08-22-2018, 08:25 PM
The 28x28 fits between the hinges.

KnoxMojo
08-22-2018, 08:32 PM
The 28x28 fits between the hinges.

I think there is more to it than that man, its the under side of the hatch as well for the walkover that is in the way when the hatch is closed.

larry_arizona
08-22-2018, 08:42 PM
I think there is more to it than that man, its the under side of the hatch as well for the walkover that is in the way when the hatch is closed.

Been looking at it tonight, 28x28x5” will work in the SA with some simple L brackets.

Hatch will shut no problem.

A wash machine drip tray would work no problem.

I got engineering skillz....lol

KnoxMojo
08-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Build it!!

larry_arizona
08-22-2018, 08:57 PM
I will fab something and share when I have something decent.

I just want a warm tray to dry some vests, ropes or heat up some nachos.

MJHSupra
08-22-2018, 09:56 PM
or heat up some nachos.

What about pizza?

Broke Pilot
08-23-2018, 12:06 AM

Build 2!! I got $$! Lmao

jcarter20
08-23-2018, 07:47 AM

Yeah, had they not offered something to buy I would have got something fabricated. I work in construction, so I was going to have one of my HVAC contractors bend up some sheetmetal. I saw on another post where someone then covered it with a bed liner material. Seemed like that would have worked also.

Dtbradly
08-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Would they fit a 2016 Helix?

Would love to know this answer

goose
08-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Would love to know this answer

I checked today and I don't think it will work on a Helix. sorry...

padge
08-25-2018, 06:54 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/19e4cb93437cf8df197a2525d7e06a39.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/e45e8ca98d2e03500afdc68ab5f81410.jpg

larry_arizona
08-25-2018, 08:56 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/19e4cb93437cf8df197a2525d7e06a39.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/e45e8ca98d2e03500afdc68ab5f81410.jpg

That exterior shot is awesome.

monkey_butt
08-27-2018, 09:20 AM
so after crawling around the 2019 SL … there are a few things I like to comment on.

Positive:

flip up seats in the back - cool
access to water strainer/transmission - thank you - the 2018 hatch is too small - now you can get to pumps to replace impeller without taking the floor out first
positioning front ballast pumps for better access - thank you
additional notch in the racks for the bungee (for those who still have them)
battery switch in the walk thru

Negative:

battery switch cover - seriously? Ankle buster, banged up toes … I know that the cover matches the rest but sorry sticking it out right there???
seat adjustment on the touch screen for moving back and forward? Maybe there is a reason that most car manufacturers are exactly NOT doing that? Don't know if the mechanical solution was prone to defects but I know that I move the seat back and forth quite often and having to do so via touch screen will be a PIA
Overall touch screens - cockpit … coming from a Malibu prior to my SL I had one large screen and a smaller one to the side so I should be used to it but I'm not so convinced about the lower one - personally I think that the lower screen has too many different tabs (about a 3rd of the screen is used for the tabs to switch between the different functions …

DatTexasBoy
08-27-2018, 09:30 AM
I agree with all the above except the screens to me are very easy to navigate, especially compared to the Nautique screen. I only used it for a few minutes and it was very user friendly in my opinion.

Prospersigman
08-27-2018, 10:00 AM
This goes for the 2018 and 2019. The bimini cover on these new towers is such a pain in the ass to put on!! Don't get me wrong I love the bimini with the additional coverage and the surf pockets. I also love the fact that the tower is power and folds down behind the windshield. But that bimini top cover is such a pain in the ass to put on. It is now a 2 person job, especially after 12 or more adult beverages and with windy conditions. If anyone has tips or tricks or a video of putting it on, I would love to see it. My wife and I struggled for 40 minutes trying to get it on yesterday after our 1st trip out on the SL.

trayson
08-27-2018, 10:36 AM

I only have about 2" of depth to work with on my XLV, but I fabbed up an over engine tray on mine years ago. used 1/4" HDPE, some stainless screws and a couple aluminum angle's... Took maybe an evening of work and about $70 for the materials.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?24995-Over-Engine-Tray&p=296647#post296647

And yes, it warms up pizza and burritos nicely!

DatTexasBoy
08-27-2018, 10:41 AM
This goes for the 2018 and 2019. The bimini cover on these new towers is such a pain in the ass to put on!! Don't get me wrong I love the bimini with the additional coverage and the surf pockets. I also love the fact that the tower is power and folds down behind the windshield. But that bimini top cover is such a pain in the ass to put on. It is now a 2 person job, especially after 12 or more adult beverages and with windy conditions. If anyone has tips or tricks or a video of putting it on, I would love to see it. My wife and I struggled for 40 minutes trying to get it on yesterday after our 1st trip out on the SL.

Don't put it on. I bought bungees for mine. Just bungee the arms on the bimini so that they do not flip open and hit dash or windshield. Lower tower and put cover on. DONE!

KnoxMojo
08-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Don't put it on. I bought bungees for mine. Just bungee the arms on the bimini so that they do not flip open and hit dash or windshield. Lower tower and put cover on. DONE!

Care to snap a couple photos of how you are doing this? We are getting ours Friday and its something I am concerned about as well. On the Mojo, I just bundled the bimini up with a bungee to the tower and called it good, never had an issue. I don't tow so it was just for going under a train bridge and on the lift.

Prospersigman
08-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Wish I would have know that before it tore a 2" gash in my dash yesterday...M---F'R I am not happy!!! After trying to put the cover on the bimini I said F...it and lower the tower...bam right off the mirror right into the red accent on my upper right part of the dash. Tore it up and rolled it back about 1.5" -2".

I am hopeful that the upper part of the dash can come off and I can replace it or even have it painted gloss black or red to match.

Any ideas if that upper part comes off?

DatTexasBoy
08-27-2018, 10:58 AM
I do not. Get with Dealer as I know they have had this issue before with a few customers. Hopefully they will work with you on it.

DatTexasBoy
08-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Care to snap a couple photos of how you are doing this? We are getting ours Friday and its something I am concerned about as well. On the Mojo, I just bundled the bimini up with a bungee to the tower and called it good, never had an issue. I don't tow so it was just for going under a train bridge and on the lift.

Will do. Might be a few days for me to get to it but I will.

larry_arizona
08-27-2018, 12:53 PM
I can do cover and Bimini in about 5 min. Release back, slide in, release front fold back, throw cover over to tuck front under the tower bar zip two long rear zippers, the two small side zippers.

Slinger
09-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Kind of an "old" thread to bring back up. Back on page 45 there was talk of why not the 1.76 gearing on the 2019 Supra's. Well yesterday on the FB page it was confirmed a change to the SE450 which will now include the 1.76. But Not the SL or SA.
Having ordered an SL prior to the release date assuming that a 1.76 was a given(based on the Makai and other reasons) it was disappointing to see the Supra's not get the 1.76. when the 2019 info was released
Even more disappointing now to hear the SE gets it but not the SL/SA.
Its the exact same housing with different internals. 16'' prop fits the SE SL and SA with no issues at all so I can't see what the problem is.
I'm sure I'll be happy with SL either way but it seems very clear that the boat will be so much better with a 1.76 ratio and a 16'' prop.
The 1.76 bolts straight-in(6 bolts) no other changes required.... Frustrated!

dakota4ce
09-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Kind of an "old" thread to bring back up. Back on page 45 there was talk of why not the 1.76 gearing on the 2019 Supra's. Well yesterday on the FB page it was confirmed a change to the SE450 which will now include the 1.76. But Not the SL or SA.
Having ordered an SL prior to the release date assuming that a 1.76 was a given(based on the Makai and other reasons) it was disappointing to see the Supra's not get the 1.76. when the 2019 info was released
Even more disappointing now to hear the SE gets it but not the SL/SA.
Its the exact same housing with different internals. 16'' prop fits the SE SL and SA with no issues at all so I can't see what the problem is.
I'm sure I'll be happy with SL either way but it seems very clear that the boat will be so much better with a 1.76 ratio and a 16'' prop.
The 1.76 bolts straight-in(6 bolts) no other changes required.... Frustrated!

Is your boat built yet?

Slinger
09-04-2018, 08:37 PM
No, Later this month

rdlangston13
09-04-2018, 08:50 PM
I’m curious as to a reasoning behind using a 1.76:1 ratio vs a 1:1 ratio. They must each have their advantages and disadvantages. I guess one benefit of the 1.76:1 is that the prop spins slower making prop strikes less damaging maybe?

Slinger
09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
The current ratio is 1.5.
Yes the 1.76 means the prop spins slower for a given amount of engine rev's. The benefit is this gearing allows you run a bigger diameter and higher pitch prop which has more efficient pulling power under heavy ballast. Kind of like low ratio in a 4 x 4 to climb a steep gravel hill without spinning the wheels(1.76) verse high ratio and spinning the wheels up the hill.
If you hit something it won't make any significant difference

rdlangston13
09-05-2018, 07:56 AM
The current ratio is 1.5.
Yes the 1.76 means the prop spins slower for a given amount of engine rev's. The benefit is this gearing allows you run a bigger diameter and higher pitch prop which has more efficient pulling power under heavy ballast. Kind of like low ratio in a 4 x 4 to climb a steep gravel hill without spinning the wheels(1.76) verse high ratio and spinning the wheels up the hill.
If you hit something it won't make any significant difference

So then this begs the question, if it is all
Advantages and no disadvantages, then why don’t they use this set up in ever boat? I guess I never realized that a big prop with a higher pitch spinning slower is that much more efficient than a slightly smaller prop with a lower pitch spinning faster.

Ryann
09-05-2018, 08:09 AM
This goes for the 2018 and 2019. The bimini cover on these new towers is such a pain in the ass to put on!! Don't get me wrong I love the bimini with the additional coverage and the surf pockets. I also love the fact that the tower is power and folds down behind the windshield. But that bimini top cover is such a pain in the ass to put on. It is now a 2 person job, especially after 12 or more adult beverages and with windy conditions. If anyone has tips or tricks
or a video of putting it on, I would love to see it. My wife and I struggled for 40 minutes trying to get it on yesterday after our 1st trip out on the SL.

It took some practice. We put the bikini cover on every time because the Tower has to fold to fit the boat into the dry stack. If you don’t put the bikini cover on, you risk cracking the windshield when raising the tower if the arm gets jammed under the windshield.

It takes me 3 minutes. Wedge the cover under the bimini but above the Tower speakers and Tower rails. Get the rear zipper where it goes, then throw the upper portion over the bimini and zip it up. Finally work on zipping up the sides.

When is the power folding bimini coming to the lineup??!!

korey
09-05-2018, 12:48 PM
I had the lucky opportunity to spend the evening on a '19 SE550 this Sunday!

HO-LEE-CRAP! The fit and finish of the boat is just spectacular. I've put 92 hours on my '18 Craz now and am exceedingly happy with it, but the differences are amazing. Every single thing that you touch is an order of magnitude nicer. Most things that are purchased components on the Moomba are finely custom machined, anodized, and precision fit on the Supra. Every hinge, and moving part is custom and has bushings and bearings, etc, etc. The boat feels like it will last a lifetime, whereas the Moomba frankly does not. That being said, you basically just add a “1” to the beginning of the MSRP to go from my Craz to a loaded up SE, so the whole experience really just made me appreciate what I’ve got a little more…

The dealer that I bought my boat from (Denney Marine in Albany, KY) are family friends of one of my old buddy's family and are neighbors on the houseboat dock on Lake Cumberland – in the process sof buying this boat they’ve all become friends of ours too! I went to catch up with my old buddy and the Denneys had several badass toys out: '19 SE, and SA plus a few new Seadoos and a South Bay pontoon with a 400 on it. Add to that another neighbor's '18 SL, my '18 Craz and m buddy's family's '18 Mojo, and we were a floating Skier's choice advertisement!

After some backslapping about how happy we are with the Craz, Leon (dealership owner) asked if we were going surfing behind the SE with them! We were trying to head home (the sun was headed down and we had a 30 minute boat ride and a 2 hour tow to get home before work in the morning), but of course I couldn’t resist. We hopped in with about 6 or 8 others of varying skill, filled the boat up and let her rip. I was up first and rode the Hyperlite Automatic that they had onboard. Right out of the box, the wave was taller than my Craz (even with an extra 1500lbs added to my Craz), WAAAAAY longer and mega clean with a steep lip. It was kind of everything at once! We didn’t do a single bit of messing with anything, just filled it up and ran Autowake! I took a pretty short turn since I really was trying to get home and there were probably 8 people wanting to ride. Once I got out of the water, Leon “asked’ if I would take the driver’s seat so he could do some coaching. Of course, LOL! Obvious sales move there, but hey, I’ll take it. More of the same impression about all of the “touch points” on the boat from the helm. It truly is spectacular! I was a little overwhelmed by the touch screens at first, but I ended up finding everything I needed. I didn’t love the stereo controls on the screen, and struggled to find the lights when I needed them, but that’s just a little learning curve. The power seat is pretty ridiculously badass (I’m 6’4, 260 and the previous driver was 5’8”, 160). I also noticed that visibility was better in the SA running 9 degrees of pitch than my Craz running about the same. The seat probably had some to do with that. It hit it’s autowake numbers right out of the box, whereas my Craz seems to need some time to adjust. I pulled all of the other riders. The 575 is a freaking animal! It didn’t feel like a 25 (or is it 26) foot boat! Easily got on plane and ran about 40 with 8 adults and full ballast on the ride back to the dock!

We did seem to “loose” some front ballast into the bilge (wave got shorter as we rode, and I saw the front bilge pump come on a few times), so they’ll be looking into that back at the shop this week.

All-in-all, I completely understand the “ultra-premium” boats now. If you have the means, I highly recommend it, LOL! For me, it was a fun experience that will have to wait a few (or many many) years to even become a dream…

My pictures were taken by my lady and do not do the wave justice. I was either behind the boat or in the drivers seat the whole time – which I can’t complain about!
https://i.imgur.com/Yc28gfZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jtp6saL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/khsPUEW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0RmKPJj.jpg

tre
09-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Anyone know if Flow 3.0 is available on the Makai? I looked around the web and so far I only see Makai with Flow 2.0

RC_Hinojosa
09-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Anyone know if Flow 3.0 is available on the Makai? I looked around the web and so far I only see Makai with Flow 2.0

Only the "Pro" models come equipped with Flow 3.0.....you'll have to wait for the Makai Pro to debut next year.

trace
10-04-2018, 12:30 PM
The wake9 crew got to ring out a new 2019 SE550.

https://youtu.be/rWFu5q3mUj4

jwl019
10-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Only the "Pro" models come equipped with Flow 3.0.....you'll have to wait for the Makai Pro to debut next year.

How much difference does the Flow 3.0 make? Going to check out a Makai tomorrow, there is a '18 Mojo Pro there too so maybe I need to try it too?

RC_Hinojosa
10-04-2018, 10:57 PM
How much difference does the Flow 3.0 make? Going to check out a Makai tomorrow, there is a '18 Mojo Pro there too so maybe I need to try it too?I don't have a Pro so I can't really comment on the difference but it's my understanding that the extra tabs & actuators really clean up the face of the wave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dakota4ce
10-04-2018, 11:43 PM
I have also heard this, but with proper pitch and roll on the Makai, the wave is as clean as a baby’s butt.

Maybe the extra actuator allows this to be accomplished with less roll—which is the metric that aids in cleanliness. Makai needs 2-3 degrees for a clean regular wave and more like 4.5 degrees for goofy.

Swell 3.0 accomplishes with slightly less roll, which is what I would suspect Flow 3.0 also does.

Clean as a whistle!

RC_Hinojosa
10-04-2018, 11:52 PM
the wave is as clean as a baby’s butt.

I have an 8 month old baby, her butt is smooth. Clean, not so much [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
10-05-2018, 06:18 AM
Watch the wake 9 interview with goose. He talks about swell 3.0 and how the plate angle change and rolled edge clean up the wave and that it’s not as sensitive as 2.0.

Assuming again that swell 3.0 is same as Flow 3.0

dakota4ce
10-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Watch the wake 9 interview with goose. He talks about swell 3.0 and how the plate angle change and rolled edge clean up the wave and that it’s not as sensitive as 2.0.

Assuming again that swell 3.0 is same as Flow 3.0

Not the same. Work somewhat similarly I suppose. But they’re different. Have you looked at an image of each?

I would imagine once Flow adopts some of the design elements of Swell 3.0 we could easily see the dual actuator stuff go away? A guess. I was hoping 19 might see this but no dice. 2.0 works just fine as long as you hit your running attitude parameters (thank you Autowake pitch and roll instruments). Regular has been way less sensitive than goofy.

jwl019
10-05-2018, 09:10 AM
With having 4 actuators back there, I just see double the cost to replace them later on. My power wedge on my VLX ran a little over $400 in parts. Unless they make a huge difference on how the wave actually surfs, not sure I would want just for wave looks.

larry_arizona
10-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Thanks Dakota4ce, swell 3.0 is significantly different and much simpler than flow 3.0.

goose
10-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Hey guys. Sorry about delay on this one also. Like I said in the other threads, I was out last week on fall break spending time with family.

As to flow 3.0, we are not one to really beat our chest a lot but we recently got a patent on the flow 3.0 system. For those that love reading patents, the patent number is 10,040,522. If you want you can read it and see how it differs from the other systems on the market. We are excited to receive this patent as well as all the other patents we have received the last few years and we have many more in the pending category and I think in a few years, people will perceive us quite a bit differently will all the IP we are working on.

For those not interested in reading the patent, the key difference with Flow 3 is the "Yaw" plate. The second plate actually creates "Yaw" which is a rotation of the boat similar to when you slightly turn the wheel. We actually have patents on "Yaw" control and again we are working on many different things and how all this works with AutoWake and the rest of our boat. Unfortunately, I can't really comment much more on the patents or any patents we are working on as those are trade secrets but again, in a few years from now, I think the landscape will look differently and we should have plenty of cool stuff coming for years to come.

For those that have used the Flow 3.0 system, I think you will notice it is a really nice system and works well. I know that doesn't answer all the questions, but hopefully it does explain a little more about Flow 3.0 and how it differs from the other systems.

larry_arizona
10-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Goose, obviously flow 3.0 is different than swell 3.0.

Why does moomba use flow and Supra use swell?

goose
10-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Well, that is a good question....

Supra and Moomba are considered 2 different companies within Skiers Choice. Each has its own mission statement, vision, unique selling propositions and principles. We also have 2 different product managers. Because of that, sometimes we have different designs, components, or systems. But in some cases we share technology or components.

In this case, we have 2 different surf systems that both work well. If you look at the 2 systems, you will notice they are different but also cosmetically have different appearance and use different materials. The Supra and Moomba also differ in the towers, windshields, overall styling, and most interior components. However, we both use Autowake, Indmar engines, and Enovation dash systems.

So, currently Supra and Moomba do use different surf systems. But that doesn't mean we always will. I have said this before, but I really think technology in the surfing world is still in a very young phase. I know some manufacturers claim they have it all figured out and that they are the master at it, but I don't believe that to be true. I think in 5 years, we will look back at 2019 and see a lot of things have changed...