PDA

View Full Version : Expectations going from an 08 Launch to an 18 Mojo Pro? Raise or Lower?

Bloooze66
07-03-2018, 11:22 PM
I spent too much time :D in the local boat shop last weekend and I am making arrangements to jump into a Mojo Pro. I am currently in a 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV. Has anyone made a similar jump? If so, could you summarize the biggest improvements over your old school ride?

I am also wondering about the auto surf. We currently have 1100s in the corners and 1000 in the belly with a mission delta and the kids/wife seem to get by just fine. I weigh in at ~265 and am riding a walker project bazooka but the pocket is small enough I feel like I am in survival mode rather than surf mode. I would like to think I could blame the boat but realize it is probably just a function of my battle with gravity and surface tension. I am a realist and have to ask, how much bigger and better can a wave really get? Am I paying for the convenience of a repeatable wave, or can I expect something more significant in size and push? Camera angles, lenses, unknown weights etc make it hard to judge from the numerous videos I have been wading through.

Last question, 3.0 in the pro significantly better than the surf 2.0 offered in the Mojo? Instincts would say no big deal, but I also looked at the suck gates and though the same thing before seeing them in action.

Things I am looking forward to
Standing up straight under the canopy, I'm 6'4"
Avoiding the traffic jam caused by the rear facing love seat
Not feeling like I am stuck in the cockpit, literally feels like getting into an Indy car sometimes with the playpen cushion, the love seat and the drivers seat.
Not staring at the corner of the swim platform clawing its way through my wave
Wet Sounds
No carpet
Taking my first header trying to casually step down onto the swim platform several feet below what I am accustom to ;)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's much appreciated.

rdlangston13
07-04-2018, 07:59 AM
I don’t think there are many Mojo Pro owners on the forum so getting a good comparison of flow 2.0 vs 3.0 may be difficult here. My dealer however did say that it was a huge difference.

You will need more weight than what it comes with to truly get the most out of the surf wave. With the stock ballast it is rideable for me (6’ 195 lbs) but I have found that when I place two additional 400 lb bags under the cabin seats it really helps. We also have 200 lbs of lead we move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarter20
07-04-2018, 08:50 AM
I went from an 05 22SSV to a 2018 Craz. In 22SSV I upgraded my rear sacks, ballast pump system and used the mission Delta. I felt like I had a great wave on the starboard side, but my port side always struggled to be clean. I was constantly moving people around in the boat trying to figure it out. The Autowake feature is awesome. It does not take the place of additional weight, but it tells you how to place people and weight in the boat. Once you play around with it, you will find it is a great tool to learn how the wave reacts with different crew size, fuel, and placement of people. After you get that figured out, then you can adjust the pitch and role. Having a consistent wave and wake is probably the biggest upgrade for me. In addition to that, just having the ability to add much more weight without exceeding the capacity of the boat. Plus the 6 pump ballast system fills the entire boat in about 6 min with stock bags. I have some extra lead, but have not upgraded any bags. I probably won’t either because I don’t want to loose the storage. If I have a small crew I do fill up a few extra bags and place them on the floor. I also ordered my boat without the roswell racks and upgraded to the PTM clamps. I know they are crazy expensive, but I love them. Bimini board storage is awesome also. You already mentioned the other upgrades in your post. Yes, I will never own a boat with carpet again. It is so nice to just hose of the floor and scrub it down with a little dish soap. I think you will be super happy with your decision. I am!

Bloooze66
07-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. I may have talked myself out of the purchase. I have yet to find anyone gushing about the surf wave, most posts are related to adding weight “to make it work”. I would have guessed that I could have found 1 or 2 die hard moomba guys pimping the brand and wave but it seems muted. I think I may take another look at used centurions.

jcarter20
07-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. I may have talked myself out of the purchase. I have yet to find anyone gushing about the surf wave, most posts are related to adding weight “to make it work”. I would have guessed that I could have found 1 or 2 die hard moomba guys pimping the brand and wave but it seems muted. I think I may take another look at used centurions.

I see a lot of that also. For what it is worth, I have stock ballast and have been happy with it. The only reason I bought lead weight was for when I go out with only 2 other people in the boat I can quickly offset weight to one side. I think you will find that with any boat. Once you figure out the Autowake and then adjust the pitch, you can lengthen or shorten the wave. I think a lot of what you are seeing are people who are trying to figure it out. I would highly recommend a demo surf and Wakeboard. I did and my dealer (Sea Ray of Cincinnati) was awesome to show me how to set it up.

Chad P
07-05-2018, 04:19 PM
I have just upgraded from a 11 LSV with 1100 rear and 8 center to the moomba max. I myself have been in survival mode for last few years. 275 and 6 foot. With max factory ballast and inland blue Wave I am finding myself slowing board down. Wake is awesome with just my wife and 2 year old in boat.

Bloooze66
07-06-2018, 08:51 PM
I’m going to sit on it until the 19s start to roll out. It looks like the ole SSV will see Powell a couple more times this summer.