PDA

View Full Version : Ballast set up. 07 LSV

Kidder522
07-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Hello everyone. Getting excited about heading to our cabin for a 3 week stay. Just looking for some assistance on getting a decent wake to surf. This is my set up:

800 in both rears.
400 ski locker
Suck gate
Trim plate.
Cruise

Not looking in add anything. Just get the best out of what I have.

With that information, what have all you guys found for getting the best wave? Full surf side, 1/2 non surf and full front? Usually I have all 800 on surf side, zero in the non surf side and ski locker full. But the wake is short and steep. Wondering if there is a better combination that I can use to lengthen the wake out.

I surf at 10.8 mph.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twkoehn
07-03-2018, 12:10 AM
You really need more weight up front to lengthen the pocket. If you don’t want to buy an IBS, I’d put as much “body weight” as possible on the nose. I’d also run th non surf side locker about 80% of what you have in the surf side locker. Other than that, I think you have the makings of a very good surf wave.

Sp8
07-03-2018, 09:03 AM
What he said^^^^^^^^^. Until I got the extra weight up front, the wave was just too short. I have 750 under bow and usually put two people upfront also. Think about getting at least an extra 500lb bag up there.

Kidder522
07-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Yea, when you deploy a suckg8 you can go to around 80% on the off side so you won't be nearly as listed as it takes without the gate. Your speed is about perfect but you may want to double check it with GPS. Slower makes the wave a bit steeper so sometimes you can up it by .3 to .8 and get a longer wave with just as much push.

Kidder522
07-04-2018, 12:47 PM
thanks. I will give that a try. So many factors in getting a great wave!!!!