PDA

View Full Version : 350 TBI Mobius V Fuel cutting out

joshdv
07-02-2018, 02:19 PM
I have a 2001 Moomba Mobius V with the throttle body 350. Just got it out of the Rambo Marine last week and the problem STILL exists. The issue I am having is the boat consistently cuts off fuel after about 2 minutes of cruising. So basically it takes off fine and cruises fine but after about 2 minutes, it bogs down and I have to let it idle. If I let it idle for about a minute, I can get back up to speed and cruise for another 2 minutes until it decides to bog down again (it is very consistent -- usually around a 1.5-2 minutes)

Rambo did a tune up (spark plugs and distributor cap) and replaced the throttle position sensor. I already replaced the fuel/water separator filter. I took the spark arrester off and saw that the injectors are cutting out when it does it, so it is not getting fuel is the reason it is bogging down. Here is a video of when it happens:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6Jz6U0VqUrSijDTe5jzg9MjpnqfnmjJ/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be HUGE! Was really hoping the boat was going to be ready for the 4th... Seeing as they thought it was fixed :cry:

zabooda
07-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I take it that you and the shop addressed the vapor lock issue that was prevalent on early fuel injection Moombas.

joshdv
07-02-2018, 03:55 PM
I take it that you and the shop addressed the vapor lock issue that was prevalent on early fuel injection Moombas.

Not sure on that...? I will be taking it back to the shop to get it fixed, but hoping it could be something that would get me on the water for the 4th

zabooda
07-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Many threads on the issue and the fixes. Good luck.

gcnettl
07-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Research vapor locking sounds like a potential problem/solution whichever way you look at it. Make sure batteries cable terminals are tight and not corroded. Doubtful since it runs fine on startup that it is the fuel pump.