PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate motor

DOCDRS
07-01-2018, 09:52 AM
09 electric wake plate not working. Late to putting boat in water this year and it seems wakeplate is not functioning. Tge fuse was triggered so I reset it but to no avail. Before I did into it though I thougt I would reach out for any suggestions. Gauges all seem to work, the column lever does nothing, so , I will look here first, but have had no issues in 9 years with it. So either motor pooched over winter or loose corroded electical connection somewhere.

DOCDRS
07-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Up date...... pulled deutsh connector at rear of boat apart and applied 12v to leads and nothing happend so I pulled actuator off and took it apart. There was water intrusion into the top motor area and corrosion visible inside. Ordering new actuator......my 2EEC5 part number doesnt correspond to any part number but I believe it 15122-001 and am confirming with Lenco

Shoebox
07-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Up date...... pulled deutsh connector at rear of boat apart and applied 12v to leads and nothing happend so I pulled actuator off and took it apart. There was water intrusion into the top motor area and corrosion visible inside. Ordering new actuator......my 2EEC5 part number doesnt correspond to any part number but I believe it 15122-001 and am confirming with LencoThis is the Lenco ID chart. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180702/38af963df5a741a0f798546259c1e2a7.jpg

DOCDRS
07-02-2018, 11:56 AM
But the 5 at the end corresponds to nothing. The above are for theirgeneric actuators , they have anothe chart for ski boats but nothing coresponds as well. I do believe they are a short 1.25" throw as well

http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/troubleshooting?task=callelement&format=raw&item_id=513&element=f85c494b-2b32-4109-b8c1-083cca2b7db6&method=download&args%5B0%5D=6641bd227f1f635d109c1328e507e854

Shoebox
07-02-2018, 12:32 PM
I have been having trouble with my wake plate as well, so I'd been looking up the actuator #. My code is different than yours (7L1H4), but it's 1.25" stroke and at the time I also came up with the 15122-001. Are you sure the 2nd letter is E?

Check the mounting hole sizes and you should be able to confirm.

http://www.mmimarine.com/mmi/index.php?pid=manu&manu_id=1097&start=40&item=view&prod_id=586480

DOCDRS
07-02-2018, 01:17 PM
I am 100% sure
I pulled the other business end off and the screw part is fine so I know it is the motor, plus there was water in it as well. I'm thinking where the wire comes in may have leaked or maybe at the ram. Had to determine. I emailed Lenco just to confirm but this is the one they have listed in there ski boat category for Supra moomba skiers choice

Shoebox
07-02-2018, 01:58 PM
It's interesting that neither chart really addresses your code. The chart you listed confirms mine is the 15122-001.

DOCDRS
07-02-2018, 11:05 PM
It's interesting that neither chart really addresses your code. The chart you listed confirms mine is the 15122-001.

Yes, Lenco is saying mine is different, BUT, my end or Ram hole is 3/8" and I just confirmed the ram throw to be 1.25 " so mine has to be 15122-001 as well as this is the only one with a 3/8" hole. Otherwise I would have to drill out the 5/16 to 3/8.

DOCDRS
07-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Update.....just got another email from Lenco confirming I am right and it is 15122-001.

Shoebox
07-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Update.....just got another email from Lenco confirming I am right and it is 15122-001.[emoji106]

DOCDRS
07-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Update......received the part 15122-001 , pulled out the top and hull fitting of old one , re siliconed the new one in and the boat is back to awesome again........so nice to have the wake plate operating correctly. It was a very simple R&R , took longer to clean the hull and fittings than to actually get the new one back in.

devin494
08-02-2021, 10:08 PM
Update......received the part 15122-001 , pulled out the top and hull fitting of old one , re siliconed the new one in and the boat is back to awesome again........so nice to have the wake plate operating correctly. It was a very simple R&R , took longer to clean the hull and fittings than to actually get the new one back in.

I just posted in another thread about this and fianlly just found this post. Did you re wire through boat hull or did you take the wire cap of new actuator and use old wire housing to avoid messing with the sealed wire through the hull. About to ATEMPT THIS myself with using old wiring cap.

DOCDRS
08-03-2021, 09:43 AM
I believe the wires were not inserted in the connector so I could use the same hole and then put the connector on after I pulled it thru the hull

devin494
08-04-2021, 06:02 PM
I believe the wires were not inserted in the connector so I could use the same hole and then put the connector on after I pulled it thru the hull

So the new actuator came this morning and I installed it. I unscrewed the top cap of the new one and used the top cap of the old one with the original wires the were already ran through the hull. It was a simple swap since I was still receiving power to the actuator. After further examining the old actuator last night, some of the teeth on one of the gears inside were sheared off. For anyone else doing this, there is a red dot next to the wire connector in the actuator. The black wire gets connected to the terminal with the red dot. Sealed the caps back up and it ran back to normal. I will try and take some pics of what I was dealing with. The hardest part was taking the key chain style rings off the actuator bolts that connect it to the wake plate.

jcarter20
08-27-2021, 03:16 PM
So the new actuator came this morning and I installed it. I unscrewed the top cap of the new one and used the top cap of the old one with the original wires the were already ran through the hull. It was a simple swap since I was still receiving power to the actuator. After further examining the old actuator last night, some of the teeth on one of the gears inside were sheared off. For anyone else doing this, there is a red dot next to the wire connector in the actuator. The black wire gets connected to the terminal with the red dot. Sealed the caps back up and it ran back to normal. I will try and take some pics of what I was dealing with. The hardest part was taking the key chain style rings off the actuator bolts that connect it to the wake plate.

I am getting ready to attempt this also. Did you need to seal the top cap on the actuator? I haven’t tried to unscrew the top yet, but it looks like there may be a gasket on there. I would prefer not to remove the transom mounting bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumomb
08-30-2021, 09:31 PM
So i drive a '91 GMC Sierra K1500 single cab a d I'm looking to upgrade my sound system. There isn't very much room for bigger magnets or anything like that but I want more volume and bass out of what I can get. https://autowikius.com/ I'm newer to the sound community and have no idea what I'm doing, vehicle Lighting Store (https://autowikius.com/) I can install them on my own i just need help finding some speakers and an amp to push em that will make my playlist heard across my small town. can y'all help me out with that?