PDA

View Full Version : Surf settings

terryleonard2000
06-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Looking for some input on surf settings with a 2017 mojo pro. Specifically ideal pitch and roll settings for auto Wake. Our boat seems to be draining the ballasts, specifically the front, all of the time and wondering if the pitch and roll settings may be jacked..

euro2012
06-30-2018, 10:57 AM
What are the pitch settings in Autowake set at? Should be around 8-10 degrees. Do you have any extra ballast on board? Lead, water or people? If it is draining from the front, its a sign that you need to add ballast to the rear of the boat to help increase the pitch. Two options:

1: If you like the shape of the wave once autowake is done draining front ballast (meaning it has achieved its set pitch), then you need to add rear ballast in order for you to be able to fill all ballast to maximize displacement

2: If you don’t like the shape of the wave (ie probably too steep in this case), then you would need to lower the pitch setting in Autowake in order for it to stop draining front ballast.

Hope that helps.

terryleonard2000
06-30-2018, 01:51 PM
I think that might be the ticket, I had my pit set way too high and I think it was draining from the front to compensate the rear. Got the Settings dialed in a little tighter and plan to make a run after lunch. Appreciate the help and insight

stevemarich
06-30-2018, 03:25 PM
I think that might be the ticket, I had my pit set way too high and I think it was draining from the front to compensate the rear. Got the Settings dialed in a little tighter and plan to make a run after lunch. Appreciate the help and insight

Make sure your wake plate isn't too far deployed too, the farther it is deployed it will push your nose down, changing pitch and autowake will drain front ballast to compensate for that as well. 25% or less for the wake plate is usually good for surfing

Kxmoomba
07-02-2018, 12:23 PM
We just picked our boat up on Friday and with Autowake it was set at 100% surf plate, and then 70% for each side no matter goofy or regular. Anyone have any input on trying something different? It seemed if we took any of the plate away the wave washed out so we left it at 100% but we don't have a ton of push either.

Going to get some bigger bags to try today too.

DFTR Josh
07-02-2018, 12:53 PM
We just picked our boat up on Friday and with Autowake it was set at 100% surf plate, and then 70% for each side no matter goofy or regular. Anyone have any input on trying something different? It seemed if we took any of the plate away the wave washed out so we left it at 100% but we don't have a ton of push either.

Going to get some bigger bags to try today too.
Ours is set 70% port to surf starboard and 65% starboard to surf Port. Middle plate set to 20...

Kxmoomba
07-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Thanks I will try that. I had read that people don't normally run the middle plate above 50% but its seemed to be the opposite with our boat, waiting on bags for more weight as well

mattsask
07-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Don't be afraid to Jack that wakeplate all the way up. We ran like that all weekend and the wave was huuuuug
Thanks I will try that. I had read that people don't normally run the middle plate above 50% but its seemed to be the opposite with our boat, waiting on bags for more weight as well

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Kxmoomba
07-02-2018, 02:17 PM
I have read a lot of your posts too. We need more weight I think. We had 10 people and the wave was pretty good, but the upgraded bags we were supposed to get didn't have the fittings in the right spot so we just have the stock 3,000lbs for this weeks vacation. I am definitely going to do the steel plates like I read in another post instead of doing the bags now.
Autowake is also pretty sweet. I will try the plate all the way up and see what happens.
Another thing I noticed is that we needed to slow down a lot more. Our old boat (02' Tige 2300 V) needed way more speed. We slowed down but the wave is not as long and when you move weight up front we loose push. We are running a 400# bag under the filler in the bow it might have 250# in it to fit though.

Don't be afraid to Jack that wakeplate all the way up. We ran like that all weekend and the wave was huuuuug

mattsask
07-02-2018, 02:37 PM
I have read a lot of your posts too. We need more weight I think. We had 10 people and the wave was pretty good, but the upgraded bags we were supposed to get didn't have the fittings in the right spot so we just have the stock 3,000lbs for this weeks vacation. I am definitely going to do the steel plates like I read in another post instead of doing the bags now.
Autowake is also pretty sweet. I will try the plate all the way up and see what happens.
Another thing I noticed is that we needed to slow down a lot more. Our old boat (02' Tige 2300 V) needed way more speed. We slowed down but the wave is not as long and when you move weight up front we loose push. We are running a 400# bag under the filler in the bow it might have 250# in it to fit though.You may need to increase speed a bit when you run with the wakeplate all the way up. If you do that, the wave should be nice and firm and still maintain its push. I find the wakeplate is the biggest thing that kills our push.

I also run steel plate instead of extra bags in my bow. I have 5 plates hidden throughout the nose and it works great.

Kxmoomba
07-02-2018, 02:38 PM
You may need to increase speed a bit when you run with the wakeplate all the way up. If you do that, the wave should be nice and firm and still maintain its push. I find the wakeplate is the biggest thing that kills our push.

I also run steel plate instead of extra bags in my bow. I have 5 plates hidden throughout the nose and it works great.

Great I will give that a try. I believe your post is where I saw that. Great idea and saves a lot of room.

Kxmoomba
07-10-2018, 03:03 PM
You may need to increase speed a bit when you run with the wakeplate all the way up. If you do that, the wave should be nice and firm and still maintain its push. I find the wakeplate is the biggest thing that kills our push.

We had 650# bags the dealer loaned us this weekend for the side seats and the wave was huge, but I don't want to loose all that storage. Do you think 300# plates under each bag and 500# in each storage locker and another 400# in the bow would be too much to put on the trailer? With gear and fuel?

z28ke
07-10-2018, 04:18 PM
We had 650# bags the dealer loaned us this weekend for the side seats and the wave was huge, but I don't want to loose all that storage. Do you think 300# plates under each bag and 500# in each storage locker and another 400# in the bow would be too much to put on the trailer? With gear and fuel?

I’m thinking that would be a little much for the trailer and would certainly make it harder to stop.

I have 400lb’s of lead that I run in the bow (under the bow filler) on the water, but I move 300lbs of it to the rear floor over the axles when trailering. That’s all the lead I’m comfortable trailering with in the boat but someone out there might run more without issues.