PDA

View Full Version : Need help with sSkiers choice products

Wakesurfer
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Can anyone help. need to understand wake and hull Shape difference between moomba Outback V and Supra 20 launch ssv

dmgx
10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Wakesurfer. When we (boat manufacturers) talk about hull shape differences we mention terms such as: deadrise, liftingstrakes, chines, keels, rocker, hook etc etc etc. For me to tell you that one boat has 5 degrees of deadrise and the other has 6 wont really tell you anything about the boats performance. The hull shape is dictated by 3 main things: size, weight, and desired performance(wakeshape, wakesize, acceleration, handling, etc) I can tell you that both hulls you mentioned were designed with the same "desired performance" and therefore both are very similar in performance and wake output. Hopefully that helps, but if it doesn't then feel free to ask away. Jay Warren Skier's Choice

smokedog2
10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I have the outback (05 Moomba - same hull), a friend has an SSV of some sort SSV20 is really almost 21 ft I believe. On the ski end, mine is better, on the surf end, loaded they are about the same - he may disagree, but he doesn't post.

SD2

Ok, maybe he gets a bit bigger wake

- it will not be dispositive on how much you like the boat

Wakesurfer
10-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I was thinking of upgrading in 07 to the Lauch 20 since for kids i find the freebard a little low (big lake lots of boat ttrafic etc).
I currently have the 06 outback v and love the cross over capabilities since i ski the course and wakeboard and Surf.

Is the 20 SSV deeper inside?

I guess i will need to negotiate the rest with the dealer :)

Thanks Dany

dmgx
10-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Yes the 20 ssv has more free board, it's a much deeper boat. Jay Warren

smokedog2
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
yea, i think about upgrading, but then I lie down until it passes.

no one has fallen out of the boat yet - well, I hit the gas and dropped my brother off the swim platform - I'm such a card.

Anyway, if a bass boat can take it, I sure can.

SD2