PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 2006 Moomba LSV today (What do I need to look for?)

Derekwit
06-29-2018, 07:49 AM
We are buying a 2006 Moomba LSV with 580 hrs on it (1 owner). Can you give me some things to inspect to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks.

Stazi
06-29-2018, 08:59 AM
We are buying a 2006 Moomba LSV with 580 hrs on it (1 owner). Can you give me some things to inspect to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks.

That’s quite a few hours, so I would DEFINITELY take it for a sea trial. Make sure it can get up on plane without any hesitation, bogging or other abnormalities. Look for gel cracks. Scrapes on the keel, prop damage. Listen for any loud whining from the transmission. Check the gauges all work as does the wakeplate. Test out that the ballast can fill and empty properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SorryCharlie
06-29-2018, 09:50 AM
How much are they asking?

parrothd
06-29-2018, 11:03 AM

Thanks.

Have them take it to the dealer and ask for a water test and inspection. Should be around $150. They'll check over everything.

VA LSV
06-29-2018, 11:42 AM
580 hours is not bad for an '06 as long as it was maintained properly. I have a little over 600 on my '05. If you are not familiar with inboard boats I agree take it to a dealer for inspection.

996scott
06-29-2018, 03:57 PM
there will obviously be some wear and tear for a boat that is 13 yrs old but look over the interior and check for tears in the vinyl and carpet. redoing the interior can be expensive. 580 hrs in my opinion is not a ton of hrs if it has been well taken care of (regular oil changes, plugs, etc). Definitely want to take it to the lake and run it around first. Like Stazi said, make sure all the gauges work, wake plate, ballast, etc.

GW@vineyardlake
06-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Check for water trapped under the center ski locker (open ski locker, remove ballast bag and push on floor, you'll be able to hear if water is underneath it; some folks say this isn't a big deal, others say it is; I cut holes in mine to drain the water and dry out the foam); pull floor over gas tank and see if there's any water under gas tank; check bilge for any oily water (possible oil/transmission leaks); ask when the last 100 hour service was done; get copies of maintenance history; if you can't get a dealer to look at it, at least talk to the dealer that took care of boat; gauges, radio, boat cover