PDA

View Full Version : maybe i should have stayed with moomba / supra :(

JASONZ
06-26-2018, 12:19 PM
So I bought a 2017 Axis T23...and now it's in the shop.:?
I've owned skiers choice since 2012 and I never had a boat go to a shop...
it's Fresh water cooled and boat runs hot at high RPMs. I haven't fried it. it creeps up to 200F and I put it in neutral and it cools right back to 160F in two minutes....I live far from the dealers so I tried to resolve this by throwing parts at it....what a waste....
tore down the cooling system - no blockage found - tested and still overheated
replaced impeller - old one wasn't damaged - tested and still overheated
replaced thermostat - tested and still overheated
tore down more of the cooling system - oil cooler, lower thermostat housing on 6.0L block - tested and still overheated
it runs like a dream on the hose in my driveway.
it's all under warranty but I was sure this could be resolved myself.....I have now dropped it off at the dealer and they need to get this right or drive a forklift through the side of it and put me out of my misery

sivs1
06-26-2018, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I think any boat will have problems, could have been built on a Friday before a long weekend, who knows?

My buddy has a MC that was running hot/overheating. In actuality it was not over heating at all, just the temp sending unit was bad. He replaced sending unit and temp sensor and seemed to fix the problem.

Run fins on the driveway with zero load, can the engine handle the boat when under load?

JASONZ
06-26-2018, 03:54 PM
yeah - I am expecting it's something small...and the cooling system on these boats might seem complex because of the number of hoses but it's not that complicated....It's got plenty of power for the boat....just the overtemp issue.

deerfield
06-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Sorry about the setback. Hopefully soon you'll be back on the water. Lots of rain here in Virginia the past two months. Maybe it and the cooling issue will soon be behind us and you can enjoy rest of the season.