PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

flienlow
06-26-2018, 12:39 AM
Forgive this post, but I feel very compelled.Ever Since we bought our 2015 LSV. I could not buy any kind of surf wake out it. To be fair I have surfed behind it a lot but could only get behind right behind the swim step. It was lack luster at best And that was only after buying a delta mission wake shaper. Loaded with people or not. Bags full or not. It always sucked. To be honest, I was damn close to selling it several times due to this fact. I then took advice of another poster and bought the ballast upgrade kit from Wakemakers along with a new 1617 prop which may or may not have been the best choice. I was horrified to learn it still wouldn't produce a wake after spending the grand on upgrades. This time I was on the bleeding edge of selling and getting another boat. I mean why would I own a boat that doesn't work and always go out on my buddies that performs? The neighbor and I decided we would take a break from surfing and devote some real time to test and tune it to see what we could do. We filled all the bag and put the stock surf tab down. -Nothing but white wash. Played with the wake plate- Nothing. We put the opposite surf tab down and got a pretty fair wake. I normally don't even try that, but this was in the name of science and coors light so no stone was to be left unturned. - But that didnt help much as we do not surf on the starboard side so we put the delta on. It produced the same marginal wake even with upgraded ballast. We were perplex, and it was obviously time for more Coors light. We then decided to reverse the delta and bolted it on backwards so that it be as far rear as possible, we also placed it higher on the boat than we normally do. On top of that we grabbed one of his 600lb ballast bags put it in the center of the boat by the helm.

BINGO!! The Sweet spot is right at 12.2 indicated and 3100 rpm with wake plate all the way up. I can now surf twice as far back then on my best days and only need to invest another $300 or so dollars in a remote pump and center bag.

Stazi
06-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Forgive this post, but I feel very compelled.Ever Since we bought our 2015 LSV. I could not buy any kind of surf wake out it. To be fair I have surfed behind it a lot but could only get behind right behind the swim step. It was lack luster at best And that was only after buying a delta mission wake shaper. Loaded with people or not. Bags full or not. It always sucked. To be honest, I was damn close to selling it several times due to this fact. I then took advice of another poster and bought the ballast upgrade kit from Wakemakers along with a new 1617 prop which may or may not have been the best choice. I was horrified to learn it still wouldn't produce a wake after spending the grand on upgrades. This time I was on the bleeding edge of selling and getting another boat. I mean why would I own a boat that doesn't work and always go out on my buddies that performs? The neighbor and I decided we would take a break from surfing and devote some real time to test and tune it to see what we could do. We filled all the bag and put the stock surf tab down. -Nothing but white wash. Played with the wake plate- Nothing. We put the opposite surf tab down and got a pretty fair wake. I normally don't even try that, but this was in the name of science and coors light so no stone was to be left unturned. - But that didnt help much as we do not surf on the starboard side so we put the delta on. It produced the same marginal wake even with upgraded ballast. We were perplex, and it was obviously time for more Coors light. We then decided to reverse the delta and bolted it on backwards so that it be as far rear as possible, we also placed it higher on the boat than we normally do. On top of that we grabbed one of his 600lb ballast bags put it in the center of the boat by the helm.

BINGO!! The Sweet spot is right at 12.2 indicated and 3100 rpm with wake plate all the way up. I can now surf twice as far back then on my best days and only need to invest another $300 or so dollars in a remote pump and center bag.

Ummmm not sure if I understood you right.......but you do know that to make a surf wave on one side, the surfplate has to be deployed on the opposite side, right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAwake
06-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Ummmm not sure if I understood you right.......but you do know that to make a surf wave on one side, the surfplate has to be deployed on the opposite side, right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was a little confused when I read it so I went back and reread in slooowly. I think he means that just for the hell of it, they deployed the tab that would produce a wave on the “opposite” side they normally surf. They normally surf port but out of frustration and science they decided to see what the starboard side wave looked like......I ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

RC_Hinojosa
06-26-2018, 09:23 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL.....Gotta be the Coors Light, right?!? It would have only taken half the time to figure out on decent beer :p

sivs1
06-26-2018, 09:59 AM
there is no replacement for displacement!

flienlow
06-26-2018, 10:05 AM
I was a little confused when I read it so I went back and reread in slooowly. I think he means that just for the hell of it, they deployed the tab that would produce a wave on the “opposite” side they normally surf. They normally surf port but out of frustration and science they decided to see what the starboard side wave looked like......I ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Correct!

"LOLOLOLOLOL.....Gotta be the Coors Light, right?!? It would have only taken half the time to figure out on decent beer"

We call it "Sex In A Canoe" because.. It's F'n close to water. :)