PDA

View Full Version : oil coming out of intake

damlvsam
10-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Took my boat out yesterday and it ran great but when I got home I noticed oil leaking down my driveway. After further investigation I found the oil coming out of the water intake of my boat. Does this mean I've got a cracked block? 1999 Outback Kanga

dmgx
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Oil in your water does not have to be a cracked block, it could be something else. You need to take it to an authorized Indmar dealer. Sorry to keep giving you the same old song and dance, but it really is the best thing you can do. Jay Warren Skiers Choice

lowdrag
10-17-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm having a tough time coming up with a way that oil from the motor could work its way all the way back to the water intake. I would think that if it could it would take enough that your oil level in the engine would be pretty low. I'd be more inclined to check with the transmission and the cooling lines for it. Also if the oil can get out into the water intake, I'd bet that water was able to get in while you were running it. Check your fluids in both and see if either is low or has a white milky appearance. Either way, it sounds like a definite trip to your dealer like dmgx said.