PDA

View Full Version : Watch Your Wake Plates

jcarter20
06-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Well call me a rookie, but last week while on vacation I was getting back into the boat and kicked the sh*t out my starboard wake plate and ended up with 6 stitches. Long story short, I messed up my back earlier that day and was holding on a dock and the swim platform and kicked my feet while trying to lift myself up. It probably wouldn’t have happened if I was able to just pull myself up normally. Either way, I could totally see someone else doing this while just hanging and swimming around the boat. I am going to take a dremmel and round the edges so they are not so sharp. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I can’t see any reason why that would mess up the wake, but thought I would ask the experts.
And oh yeah, on top of that my foot got infected. Lesson #2, carry hydrogen peroxide in your first aide kit. Lake water is nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
06-24-2018, 07:53 PM
I feel ya... I was trying to hold my boat stillin party cove a few weekends back. It was rough and windy and I started getting drug deeper than I could touch. Started swimming holding the deck and sliced my big toe open right on the joint. No stitches. But it was deep enough to look like I murdered someone on my boat. Which I wanted to do at that point. Lol
And yes, always have peroxide or triple antibiotic ointment in there!