PDA

View Full Version : Re-calibrating Inclinometer

peteyt328
06-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on how to calibrate the inclinometer on the newer autowake boats? I tried doing it on the trailer on what seemed like flat ground, and this seemed to work ok for the roll sensor but the pitch sensor seems to still think my bow is higher than it is. I probably shouldn't have messed with the factory setting but now that I have I need to get as close to 0 as possible.

Ryann
06-23-2018, 01:31 PM
I think there's a thread on this. Try giving it a search and you should find it. It may be in that long thread about autowake that Goose and others participate.

peteyt328
06-23-2018, 03:08 PM
There's a section in there on resetting roll but I didn't see anything useful on pitch.

Ryann
06-23-2018, 04:20 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30060-AutoWake-questions&p=324936&highlight=inclinometer#post324936

flynnva
06-25-2018, 10:45 AM
I just did mine on the trailer in 15 minutes and seemed to help a lot. What I did was use a 4' level on the floor of the boat and adjusted for 0 degrees of pitch by adjusting the trailer jack. The I turned the level 90 degrees on the floor and checked the roll, I let air out the trailer tires to get the level at 0 degrees. I'm not sure of the offset numbers you get on the display but mine was -.9 for pitch and after I re calibrated it was -.8 so not much change. My roll offset was -1.6 and after I calibrated it was -.5 and my port side wake board wake went from all washed out to money. I didn't notice a change in surf wave and that was a good wave before. Don't know if I did it right but was easy and helped my wake.

korey
06-25-2018, 12:22 PM
The important thing is that you have a process to get the setting the same again. Second most important is getting it so your settings compare to others if you intend to compare settings with others.

I took a 4' level out in the boat with me (alone). You can calibrate pitch and roll one at a time. Basically lay the level in the floor and use your body weight to get the boat sitting level in the direction that you want to calibrate and hit the button (it's a two button commit, so it's like OK, then Confirm).