PDA

View Full Version : Newb need some feedback please

Sickpainter
06-20-2018, 08:38 PM
We will be trading our older runabout on a new 2018 max or craz, we are new to the rowboat seen as well as surfing and wake boarding, we will mainly be attempting to surf. We have scheduled to test both out and make our choice, the max is pretty loaded and the craz has the upgraded tower with ski pockets and audio, but they order without autowake, as a new comer I’m not sure if the autowake is going be something I’m going to need or if it’s just an extra unneeded expense, which the autowake comes on the max, we have no knowledge on setting up for surfing or wake boarding but the sales staff have assured us they will give a run down, any comments or advice would be appreciated as this is a big purchase

deckwork
06-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Hello and welcome

We have a 16 Craz and similar to you went from a I/O to a wake boat with never been on one or surfed before.
At the time there was no auto wake so can not really comment on that.
We purchased with no lake test but with contract that if we had problems setting it up that dealer would send us a knowledgeable person to help, we did not need the help. Just watched a lot of YouTube and lots of reading on this forum (very knowledgeable and eager to help).
We filled the bags set the cruise and used the dealer setting on surf tab and wow we had a wave that on third attempt I was up and surfing plus instantly addicted, and with some more reading and upgrades to more ballast have tweaked it to a great wave. I think the auto wake (but again no first hand knowledge) just makes it easier to reproduce the wave in different conditions so it all depends if you like to read and try different things to tweak.

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

flynnva
06-22-2018, 07:34 AM
Hi, Same as you, I came from I/O's and only went on one wake boat on vacation last year. We bought a 1 hour surf lesson on vacation last year and within a month I had sold my stern drive and ordered a 2018 Mojo. We love it and have no regrets. They drive great under power, docking is different but not hard. I do have Autowake and like it. It works well and I would purchase it again. As for which model Moomba, that's personal preference based on looks, layout and what works best for you. They will both surf great with upgraded ballast. One option I would recommend is the G-6 ballast system, especially if you have Autowake.

DFTR Josh
06-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Autowake is a wonderful option especially for new boaters. As said above it's much better if you have the G6 ballast upgrade when running Autowake. You're going to love the switch and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.