PDA

View Full Version : Trailering/seat cushions

DL Max
06-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Hello, new to Moomba boats and loving it so far. My question is the dealer had told me to remove the front seat cushions before trailering. Is anyone else doing this or just leaving them in. We have about 45 miles to the lake and would like to just leave the front bow cushions in and not have to take the stuff out that is stored in them.

Also attached some pics of the new ride along with the old one. Thanks again

fordbrent1
06-20-2018, 01:58 PM
I leave my stuff in all the time. I do sometimes take and store the bow filler cushion if it's a long trip.

I've never had a problem. Nice setup in the garage and beautiful boat!

Moomba
Mojo

Pound
06-20-2018, 01:58 PM
1st of all.... NIIIICE boat.
2nd, I remove my bow filler cushion only. I have towed w/it in place a time or two, but all it takes is one time to not only lose it, but potentially hurt another driver or family. It fits nicely under the helm where it's out of the potential wind and literally takes seconds. As for the other cushions, i leave them in place and have never had any issues whatsoever. they're a little more secure. (I really wish Moomba would put hinges on their seats).

RC_Hinojosa
06-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Some folks have had seat cushions fly out while trailering but in general they are usually from the cabin and not the bow. I have a similar drive to the lake and have not lost any cushions. I try to keep it at 75mph or less and always have the windshield walk-through closed.

DL Max
06-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, I was going to try and leave them in this weekend but now will for sure. I don't have the center cushion yet.. still on order. but will remove that one.

bsharer
06-20-2018, 03:04 PM
On my XLV I loop a bungee cord around the front grab handle and hook it onto the flip up seat hinge. I do this on each side in the front, and that secures the two side pieces and the long center one. The small front one I put under the observer seat. The little one next to the cooler cut out I also put under the observer seat. I have had that one end up on the floor after trailering on the highway.

jcarter20
06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
I just towed ours 4 hours to and from the lake and had no issues with seat cushions. However, I did notice the bow filler cushion was raised up on my 50 min. Drive from the dealer the day I brought it home. Ever since then I have removed that one. Just make sure they are all seated properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
06-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Some folks have had seat cushions fly out while trailering but in general they are usually from the cabin and not the bow. I have a similar drive to the lake and have not lost any cushions. I try to keep it at 75mph or less and always have the windshield walk-through closed.

Speed demon! I won’t do a lick over 70 towing.

kaneboats
06-21-2018, 11:13 AM
Moombadaze (and others) used to put that velcro tape underneath. Holds 'em down and you also get to hear that cool RIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP when you take them out each time.

mcdye
06-21-2018, 02:43 PM
I used to take 2 cabin cushions out my '10 LSV and place in the back locker. Don't now with my current ride. I do keep the speed at 70 while towing.

Kxmoomba
06-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Does anyone have issues with trailering with the cover on?

RC_Hinojosa
06-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Does anyone have issues with trailering with the cover on?

I think its half and half, some trailer with, some without. The main concern is the cover marring the finish of the gelcoat from rubbing at highway speeds.

DFTR Josh
06-22-2018, 12:36 PM
I've only had problems with the bow filler cushion, I always store it under the helm on trip. Towing with the cover will result in having to buff out scratches, not a big deal with the right tools.

jcarter20
06-22-2018, 01:14 PM
I think its half and half, some trailer with, some without. The main concern is the cover marring the finish of the gelcoat from rubbing at highway speeds.

In another thread someone said get the large rolls of Saran Wrap and wrap the rub areas to prevent damage to the finish if you tow with the cover on. I am going to try it next time.

Kxmoomba
06-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Our previous boat was really bad at rubbing so I was hoping the new one wouldn't do that. We have to drive 8 miles of dirt road to get to the lake and I am tired of the dust.

wrapping it all the time might be a pain as well lol

parrothd
06-22-2018, 04:18 PM
If the rubbing is from the straps these work well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EK68CAE/ref=psdcmw_404654011_t1_B001KOG75M

Edo88
06-22-2018, 07:57 PM
If the rubbing is from the straps these work well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EK68CAE/ref=psdcmw_404654011_t1_B001KOG75M

I’m a order these and try them out

parrothd
06-22-2018, 09:15 PM
I’m a order these and try them out

I used a different brand when I had trailer straps, they work, you may want longer if you can find them or you may have to secure them from slipping down.

DL Max
06-25-2018, 05:27 PM
Update... Thanks again for those that responded I did not pull the cushions this weekend and had no problems. So thanks again