PDA

View Full Version : Boards Stolen...Could use a Promo Code

jared24
06-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Rented a place on Lake Martin last week for our family vacation. Had two wakeboards stolen off the boat the second night we were there. Sucked but thankful they didn't see the surf boards in the bimini.

Anyways, need to order a new board so if anyone has a promo code to any of the online stores that works for boards please let me know.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Ronix District board? Looking for a good all-around board that a beginner can ride but won't hold back advanced riders from progression.

Stazi
06-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Rented a place on Lake Martin last week for our family vacation. Had two wakeboards stolen off the boat the second night we were there. Sucked but thankful they didn't see the surf boards in the bimini.

Anyways, need to order a new board so if anyone has a promo code to any of the online stores that works for boards please let me know.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Ronix District board? Looking for a good all-around board that a beginner can ride but won't hold back advanced riders from progression.

Get a Ronix Vault for what you’re using it for. Good for learning and still great for intermediate level riders. Would also suggest open toe boots to accommodate various foot sizes if it’s really going to be a loaner to visitors on your boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
06-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Weird time to buy b/c most places are not clearing things out. Yet.

Did you try the large name ones? Evo? TheHouse? At least they offer free ship on orders > $?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
06-19-2018, 06:08 PM

Did you try the large name ones? Evo? TheHouse? At least they offer free ship on orders > $?

Evo always has some sort of deal going on

MJHSupra
06-19-2018, 09:30 PM
Check Overtons too

mikepo26
06-19-2018, 10:05 PM
Would love to meet the tool bags that stole them !

LAwake
06-20-2018, 01:48 AM

What part of the lake were you on? What boards were they? I’’m at Lake Martin right now. I can assure you I’ll be on the lookout.

jared24
06-20-2018, 06:19 AM
What part of the lake were you on? What boards were they? I’’m at Lake Martin right now. I can assure you I’ll be on the lookout.

Mine was a 2014 Hyperlite Murray board (yellow/black/orange), the other was a friends 2016 Liquid Force Witness (White/Black). We were in a cove almost directly across the big water from Chucks Marina. Cove has a few underwater dock lights so i figured out a lot of fisherman come through there nightly. Thinking one of them decided to fish for something else...

jared24
06-20-2018, 06:26 AM
Would love to meet the tool bags that stole them !

I made quite a few dock visits the next few nights praying for a return visit...

jared24
06-20-2018, 06:56 AM

True, but I don't have to have an '18 board and most of the places you named do have some good deals on prior year models still in stock. Evo has a good combo deal on a '17 Ronix District that I'm prob going to jump on unless someone with experience on that board talks me out of it...

DFTR Josh
06-20-2018, 08:52 AM
What crap!!!
www.marine-products.com with discount code DFTR if that helps.

dusty2221
06-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Wakemakers.com has given us a 72 hour discount code for out Moomba Supra Texas Jam. Good for 15% off, pm me if you want it

not good on props or go surf assist.

LAwake
06-20-2018, 10:17 AM
Mine was a 2014 Hyperlite Murray board (yellow/black/orange), the other was a friends 2016 Liquid Force Witness (White/Black). We were in a cove almost directly across the big water from Chucks Marina. Cove has a few underwater dock lights so i figured out a lot of fisherman come through there nightly. Thinking one of them decided to fish for something else...
Sorry man! I’m staying in a cove across the big water from Chucks as well. I’ll keep my eyes open as I’m out on the water and in the marinas all week.

jared24
06-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Sorry man! I’m staying in a cove across the big water from Chucks as well. I’ll keep my eyes open as I’m out on the water and in the marinas all week.

Appreciate it. Just remember to lock your gear up each night. Hate for it to happen again to someone else. Have fun at Chimney Rock and good luck finding flat water on that lake! We were able to find some in the Blue Creek area at certain times.

Pound
06-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Keep an eye on your local craigslist for your stolen boards. Could be a meth head looking to turn a buck or two.

jcarter20
06-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Check with your insurance company. I had a snowboard stolen at a ski lodge years ago and our home owners insurance covered it. The deductible was about half the board cost, but at least I got something. Maybe it won’t work, but worth a phone call.

MJHSupra
06-20-2018, 06:36 PM
Check Overtons too

I posted this yesterday. Just opened the mail today to find Overtons was 15% off online with free shipping.
They have the Hyperlite, Ronix, and Liquid Force Boards or the Board/Binding Combos

Good Luck!!

jared24
06-21-2018, 08:09 AM
I posted this yesterday. Just opened the mail today to find Overtons was 15% off online with free shipping.
They have the Hyperlite, Ronix, and Liquid Force Boards or the Board/Binding Combos

Good Luck!!

Most of the time there discounts don't apply to most name brand boards, but I'll check it out just in case. Actually just got an e-mail for 30% off 1 single item, so def worth a shot...Thanks!

Stazi
06-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Most of the time there discounts don't apply to most name brand boards, but I'll check it out just in case. Actually just got an e-mail for 30% off 1 single item, so def worth a shot...Thanks!

50% off wake gear at Evo now.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/f5a8d292dad4e2b5aef2d9612c357d89.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcarter20
06-21-2018, 11:17 AM
30% off any one item at Overtons today only. 6/21/18. Code:QAN3EADQEL

jared24
06-21-2018, 01:05 PM
30% off any one item at Overtons today only. 6/21/18. Code:QAN3EADQEL

Fine print has it being no good on basically every name brand wakeboard...:(

Stazi
06-21-2018, 01:18 PM

Personally I think Overtons is a joke.

jcarter20
06-21-2018, 02:06 PM

What a joke! Sorry man. Hope you can find a good deal. It always makes me nervous to leave my boards out at the dock. On my Supra you could lock the back hatches and I would throw them in there. The new Moomba doesn’t have that feature. I really wish it did. It is a pain in the ass to lug 3 wakeboards, 2 surf boards, and a slalom ski to the truck or house from the dock.

LAwake
06-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Appreciate it. Just remember to lock your gear up each night. Hate for it to happen again to someone else. Have fun at Chimney Rock and good luck finding flat water on that lake! We were able to find some in the Blue Creek area at certain times.
Yea, Blue Creek area has some and there are a few good places I've found over the last several years that are on the opposite side of the lake, about a 10 minute ride from where you stayed. If you ever head back this way, hit me up and I'll share some info with you.

LAwake
06-21-2018, 02:48 PM

This is the truth. They are affiliated with Gander Mountain so here's your sign.

LAwake
06-21-2018, 02:50 PM
What a joke! Sorry man. Hope you can find a good deal. It always makes me nervous to leave my boards out at the dock. On my Supra you could lock the back hatches and I would throw them in there. The new Moomba doesn’t have that feature. I really wish it did. It is a pain in the ass to lug 3 wakeboards, 2 surf boards, and a slalom ski to the truck or house from the dock.

I feel your pain. I had considered leaving my wakeboards and surfboards in the hatches at night here at the lake but after seeing this post, I've lugged everything up the stairs to the house EVERY night. Not worth taking a chance.

Stazi
06-21-2018, 02:52 PM
I feel your pain. I had considered leaving my wakeboards and surfboards in the hatches at night here at the lake but after seeing this post, I've lugged everything up the stairs to the house EVERY night. Not worth taking a chance.

If only claymores were legal

jcarter20
06-21-2018, 02:55 PM
This is the truth. They are affiliated with Gander Mountain so here's your sign.

And Camping World

jared24
06-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Yea, Blue Creek area has some and there are a few good places I've found over the last several years that are on the opposite side of the lake, about a 10 minute ride from where you stayed. If you ever head back this way, hit me up and I'll share some info with you.

There's a great place down a narrow strip past a bridge near wind creek, just a hike to get there from Chucks side of the lake...We might be thinking of the same spot. Always fisherman back there giving the stare down...

MJHSupra
06-21-2018, 06:28 PM

What don't you like about them? Prices? What types of boards they carry?

I purchased a couple of kids vest on sale years ago and now I get all the sales crap in the mail.
I'm not partial to anyone on the .net

I wish my local wake boat shops were more competitive on prices.
Would rather buy local or send my business to a shop that specializes in the wake industry.
Just did that with some surf fins.

Stazi
06-21-2018, 09:40 PM

I purchased a couple of kids vest on sale years ago and now I get all the sales crap in the mail.

Would rather buy local or send my business to a shop that specializes in the wake industry.

They are always far more expensive than anyone else on the net, their selection is limited, and their coupons are basically useless unless you are looking for some obscure, closeout, boat part.

EVO has a better variety, far better prices, amazing customer service and a generally better website layout.

jared24
06-22-2018, 11:48 AM

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Overton's. If you're in the market for something their promo codes actually cover then you can def save some cash. Usually always fast and free shipping too. Gets to GA in 3 days.

Just ordered the new wakeboard from Evo yesterday. They upgraded me up to "expedited shipping" and it's still going to take a week to get here...

jrobb
06-22-2018, 11:17 PM
I live in wa close to evo definitely worth checking out especially the outlet section on the website. They have a few stores in other state as sister shops to ship to and a 364 day return policy. Great company and great products

Ccool
06-23-2018, 08:22 AM
I’ve got the 17 district board n bindings and it’s awesome - pick it up, great board for what you want. I love evo, no shops by me so they are my source for all things wake.

jared24
06-23-2018, 02:05 PM
I’ve got the 17 district board n bindings and it’s awesome - pick it up, great board for what you want. I love evo, no shops by me so they are my source for all things wake.

That's the one I ordered. Hope it's not too much yellow!

Ccool
06-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Well it’s a lot of yellow but it’s neon so I think it looks great personally. Enjoy!