PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Craz Reflash

k2davis1
06-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Is a software update something I can do on my own or does it have to go to the dealer? Boat has been very glitchy and just wanted to make sure software's up to date before I chase anything else.

Small Issues:
water temp stuck at 130 deg
zero off cruise surging
wake plate pump will continue to run after key off and will only shut off by killing master power

Most recent and biggest issue is that I was not able to get on plane with full ballast and 3 people on board. Cruise was OFF and boat would only get to 13 mph and 3400 rpm. Facebook has suggested I exceeded the stock propeller capabilities but before I spend 500+ on a new one I want to make sure everything is up to date

Thanks in advance for the help

Kyle

Stazi
06-19-2018, 08:33 AM
Is a software update something I can do on my own or does it have to go to the dealer? Boat has been very glitchy and just wanted to make sure software's up to date before I chase anything else.

Small Issues:
water temp stuck at 130 deg
zero off cruise surging
wake plate pump will continue to run after key off and will only shut off by killing master power

Most recent and biggest issue is that I was not able to get on plane with full ballast and 3 people on board. Cruise was OFF and boat would only get to 13 mph and 3400 rpm. Facebook has suggested I exceeded the stock propeller capabilities but before I spend 500+ on a new one I want to make sure everything is up to date

Thanks in advance for the help

Kyle

Do you have a 2018? The only software I have seen is the 2018 software that many of us 2017 guys have added to our boats. To me it sounds like you have an electrical issue or the ECU is jacked. If I were you I would contact Drew Tinker at SC directly and get it sorted out. Way too many weird issues for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k2davis1
06-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes I have a 2018. Forgot to mention that the alternator took a crap on memorial day weekend so I wonder if that messed up the ECU on the way out. Except for water temp all these issues are sporadic which are the worst kind to troubleshoot.

Stazi
06-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Yes I have a 2018. Forgot to mention that the alternator took a crap on memorial day weekend so I wonder if that messed up the ECU on the way out. Except for water temp all these issues are sporadic which are the worst kind to troubleshoot.

And none of those symptoms were there before the alternator failure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

k2davis1
06-19-2018, 08:59 AM
wake plate pump happened previous. water temp and speed control issues have followed the alternator issue. Below is a vid from two days ago when it wouldn't plane. Honestly think I maxed out the stock prop??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQLLShKZoM

Stazi
06-19-2018, 09:00 AM
wake plate pump happened previous. water temp and speed control issues have followed the alternator issue. Below is a vid from two days ago when it wouldn't plane. Honestly think I maxed out the stock prop??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQLLShKZoM

I saw that on FB. how much ballast and people did you have for that vid? Weird thin to me is how it almost seems like it’s limited to 11mph exactly.

Also did you try launching in Autowake to use the “Launch” feature?

k2davis1
06-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Yah sorry just trying to get it out there and hopefully some answers. Yea I tried everything, cruise on, cruise off, autowake on, etc and nothing would get her up. Drain water and 39 mph 5000+ rpm no problem. Maybe I’ll get an OJ945 on order today

Stazi
06-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Yah sorry just trying to get it out there and hopefully some answers. Yea I tried everything, cruise on, cruise off, autowake on, etc and nothing would get her up. Drain water and 39 mph 5000+ rpm no problem. Maybe I’ll get an OJ945 on order today

First time I tried full ballast after adding 1100’s, with the stock prop, it wouldn’t plane for shit. That’s why I went to the 945

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

korey
06-19-2018, 09:58 AM
I don't remember trying it with stock ballast, buy no way in hell my boat will plane with my current 4300lbs of ballast. Tried it last Friday with just me in the boat, which may be comparable to your stock ballast plus a few people. Also runs 39.something at 5500 rpms unloaded. i don't think you have a problem there. Now, the rest of the problems seem pretty ugly...

Prospersigman
06-19-2018, 11:42 AM
I know that I cannot get my 17 Supra SA on plane when it is loaded down with 4250 lbs of water/lead...not unless I put it Wakeboard advanced and that drops all 3 plates to get it on plane. Not sure how to do it on the Moomba Craz, but you need all 3 plates dropped all the way down to get the boat on plane with that much water on board.

Stazi
06-19-2018, 11:52 AM
I know that I cannot get my 17 Supra SA on plane when it is loaded down with 4250 lbs of water/lead...not unless I put it Wakeboard advanced and that drops all 3 plates to get it on plane. Not sure how to do it on the Moomba Craz, but you need all 3 plates dropped all the way down to get the boat on plane with that much water on board.

The newer 2017 and up Moombas have this “Launch” feature if you engage Autowake and leave the surf switch centered (for wakeboarding).

parrothd
06-19-2018, 11:59 AM
It's like cruise is on..

parrothd
06-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Just for giggles you should check the wiring harness under the dash. My craz has a loose wire that cause the cruise, plate and port starboard plate to stop working. The screen also loses the up down buttons for the surf plat controls.

There's a white 6 plug wire connector with 2 green wire crimped together. It's located up near the screen. Make sure it's seated and all wires are connected. You may try unplugging with the boat off and see what happens when you start it.

If it was the prop the rpms would be higher, did you check the engine diagnostic? Is it in limp mode?

k2davis1
06-19-2018, 02:42 PM
thanks ill take a look. Nope no check engine light or codes when it happens.

jcarter20
06-19-2018, 06:25 PM

I have a 2018 and ordered it with the “Wake Prop”, which is the OJ 945. I have not had an issue with planing when I have Autowake on (in fact I was impressed), but I did notice it struggled with full ballast when I forgot to hit Autowake one time. If I recall correctly, it eventually got on plane. I haven’t necessarily went out and tried it with full ballast and Autowake off though. Your issue seems like more than a prop though. Mine tops out at just under 38. I have the paddle wheel, so that speed could be off slightly from your GPS.