PDA

View Full Version : 2005 BoatMate Trailer Axle Repair

bcline2012
06-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Has anyone had to replace their torsion axle? I had the pleasure in hooking up to the boat form memorial day to find out that the left fender was resting on the tire. after some investigation i noticed that my axle had settled and given up... Needless to say some family member and friends were not happy. I did some research and called my local dealers to find out it would be expensive to replace since i couldn't move it. I call Skiers Choice and they pointed me to Dexter Axles in TN. In my findings they have a silent recall on these axles in the years surrounding 2005, so heads up if it hasnt already happened to you. Come to find out Dexter is paying for a new axle and shipping it to me for free.

My question is, has there been anyone to replace it and what is the correct degree the the spindle arm needs to be coming off the axle?

kaneboats
06-16-2018, 09:06 AM
There were tons of failures on these a few years back.

Maybe a little help in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?16199-Boatmate-Single-Axle-Trailer-quot-cartridge-in-torsion-axle-has-failed-quot

jmb
06-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Well that's sucks. I had to BUY mine from boatmate trailers.!!! Told me it was out of warranty. I wasn't offered an alternative. Hope it's painted to your color. I paid extra for that!