PDA

View Full Version : Finless?

04OUTBACK
10-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Anybody riding finless? After watching the 2nd Disc from "THE BOOK", I listend to Kyle Schmidt and took my fins off. THAT WAS COOL! Switching was much easier.... He says TRUE edging occurs with no fins... I do feel like my edging is stronger now, and I can switch better too! Now I want shorter fins.... (OH, BTW....when you start feeling confident about switching around backwards, re think...) I fell like a mouse trap!

BW

superman
10-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I ride finless on a CWB Marius (140). I would never go back to any fins. Just get use to landing on your edge alittle more so the board doesnt shoot out from under you.
________
Suzuki DL650 VStrom (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_DL650_VStrom)

NateDog
05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
i took mine off my LF Watson and put them right back on i will probably go with smaller ones but its just soo much easier to edge into the wake and it doesnt really affect my surface spins and it makes riding switch a little more comfortable

04OUTBACK
05-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Since posting this topic, I have switched to a LF Litmus with much smaller fins than my beginner board. It is a good mix ...enough to provide control, but also little enough to allow for easier switches...
enjoy

Wolf-
06-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Anybody riding finless? After watching the 2nd Disc from "THE BOOK", I listend to Kyle Schmidt and took my fins off. THAT WAS COOL! Switching was much easier.... He says TRUE edging occurs with no fins... I do feel like my edging is stronger now, and I can switch better too! Now I want shorter fins.... (OH, BTW....when you start feeling confident about switching around backwards, re think...) I fell like a mouse trap!

BW

I've ridden finless. The default fins on my board were like 2" jobbers. I could never get them to break free. So pulled them off until I could get some .5" ones.

outback 4
06-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I ride a Gatorboard Gonzalez 138 and I'm actually torn between fins and no fins. The board has the molded side fins that work great. I actually landed my first back roll on a Gatorboard Caddy 141 with no fins, and have yet to land one on my Gonzalez, so i'm thinking of taking the fins off again. It's a little easier to edge out of landings with the short fins, but with no fins you have more room for recovery. I'd say ride both ways and see what works best.

spyder
07-05-2007, 06:03 AM
I ride a LF Evo 142, took the fins off second set this season, and I will never put them back on. surface spins and slides are soo easy now.

Limishowman3
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I ride a Liquid Force Omega 135

I started off learning how to ride with out fins. Though i put them back on when i was edgeing good toe side. I put them on and it fixed that problem real quick. Nobody likes rough water but somedays you have to suffer with it and fins help out in keeping your edge. My fins are 1.2inches but i have no problems with surface 180's. It just all depends on what you think is comfortable

04OUTBACK
08-14-2007, 10:54 PM
We just got an Hyperlite Roam and have been having blast... I think I will gain some edge strength from riding it... even my wife is killin the surface 360's with the Roam! IT is awesome.

csumerall
08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
ive got a hyperlite 3ds and rode for a while w/o the fins but put them back on after Ive gotten better the edge speed is increased, but I learned how to ride with the fins on, it seems to help plane the board out but that was for me to each their own.

Wakeboardguy1992
09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Ive got a Liquid Force Omega 139 and i tried it out with the fins on and i hated it so i took them off and now i feel so much more comfortable.