PDA

View Full Version : Stereo and Screen

shockthis
06-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Is there a way to run the stereo on a New Sl through one of the unused accessory switches, I would love to be able to turn the stereo off when not using. Now that it is using 6 pumps , I killed one battery in a short time, so I would love to be able to power off the amps . can this be done?

MLA
06-14-2018, 07:54 AM
With volume down or muted, amps have very little idle current draw.

shockthis
06-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Plus I forgot to mention , I prefer to keep the ear drums of the Family, the pop on the SL (not just mine) is awful.

MLA
06-14-2018, 11:44 AM
Interrupting/supplying the amp turn-on with the ICE on or off, actually leads to those pops and thumps, not a fix for them. There is either a wiring configuration issue or a firmware problem.

This is also separate from any current draw.

Ryann
06-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Still working through the popping issue? Any resolution at all?

shockthis
06-14-2018, 12:53 PM
No resolution here, I think they are just seeing if we all forget about it and we will hopeful go away. LOL It is obviously a issue on all SL's not just one or two. Hope fully they can figure it out soon. I know that my wife is getting annoyed by the issue , she may get to the point to trade it in on something else if it keeps happening. I was told to find a fix last night, so I know she is getting upset. I called the dealer and they have not heard back yet.