PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover maintenance

costanza
06-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Hey there, just checking to see if anyone treats their boat covers with anything? What do you recommend, and how often do you spray it?

Mine is starting to sag a bit at a few places, and leaking some water, so wondering what I can do to fix it. I'm putting blow up balls under it now.

I think this has caused my back seat to start major cracking. All other seats are mint, but the back bench is really worn out and cracked all over.

Any insight appreciated!

Darter
06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
If it's a sunbrella/canvas style fabric, I'd use 303's waterproofing spray.

Do you have support poles for your cover?

Jeepers
06-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Hey there, just checking to see if anyone treats their boat covers with anything? What do you recommend, and how often do you spray it?

Mine is starting to sag a bit at a few places, and leaking some water, so wondering what I can do to fix it. I'm putting blow up balls under it now.

I think this has caused my back seat to start major cracking. All other seats are mint, but the back bench is really worn out and cracked all over.

Any insight appreciated!

303 Fabric Guard. That’s the only product sunbrella recommends. It works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcarter20
06-14-2018, 05:54 AM
So, I am curious. Do any of you tow with your covers on? I store mine on land inside all year round. I was kind of upset when I ordered my 2018 Craz and found out upon delivery that I can’t (or shouldn’t) tow with it on. Most of the time that is fine, but we travel about 5 hours twice per year and if it is raining, I would like to tow with the cover to avoid road grime from getting on the inside of the boat. I was told SC won’t warranty the cover or any wear to the gel coat. Just curious what others do and if you have had problems. I have a buddy with another brand Boat and his covers seems to be nearly identical and he tows with it on. He also said it is supposed to be a towable cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
06-14-2018, 08:31 AM
When I had my Mojo I towed with the cover on. Now with my SA I tow with the cover on. I have never had any problems towing with the factory cover on either boat.

costanza
06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
If it's a sunbrella/canvas style fabric, I'd use 303's waterproofing spray.

Do you have support poles for your cover?

Perfect - thanks! Yup, I have the poles, but at the back corner of back bench seat it's started to sag a little there and some water pools with rain... I've put a beach ball there to prop it up a little...

RC_Hinojosa
06-14-2018, 09:29 AM
So, I am curious. Do any of you tow with your covers on? I store mine on land inside all year round. I was kind of upset when I ordered my 2018 Craz and found out upon delivery that I can’t (or shouldn’t) tow with it on. Most of the time that is fine, but we travel about 5 hours twice per year and if it is raining, I would like to tow with the cover to avoid road grime from getting on the inside of the boat. I was told SC won’t warranty the cover or any wear to the gel coat. Just curious what others do and if you have had problems. I have a buddy with another brand Boat and his covers seems to be nearly identical and he tows with it on. He also said it is supposed to be a towable cover.

The Evolution covers from Cory are meant to be towable, the factory covers are "mooring covers". I don't personally tow with mine because I generally travel a short distance and don't want gel coat issues.

I know several guys get a giant roll of Saran Wrap (costco) to wrap the beltline and touch points for long hauls with the cover on.

Edo88
06-14-2018, 10:00 AM
I had this cover made for my boat by Dallas canvas it is towable but every spot that black straps touch has left a mark so I stoped towing with it on and that was only a 20 mile drive maybe. But I will try the Saran Wrap idea if I do go on a long trip

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180614/cb75abba3e64ba7fdae00367c383e1bb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180614/9d85d2aa59842fc20742d9f9cc8e877c.jpg

jcarter20
06-14-2018, 10:08 AM
The Evolution covers from Cory are meant to be towable, the factory covers are "mooring covers". I don't personally tow with mine because I generally travel a short distance and don't want gel coat issues.

I know several guys get a giant roll of Saran Wrap (costco) to wrap the beltline and touch points for long hauls with the cover on.

Great idea on the Saran Wrap. Never heard that one, but it makes sense. I had a towable cover on my Supra and it left marks where the hooks went over the rub rail. I would love to avoid that on this boat.

larry_arizona
06-14-2018, 10:14 AM
The Supra covers are trailerable, I am sure you could probably get one for a moomba.

https://www.facebook.com/wake9surf/videos/1746573445422163/