PDA

View Full Version : Craz vdrive maker?

parrothd
06-11-2018, 07:55 AM
Anyone know who makes the vdrive for the craz and where to find parts for it? My coupler flange sheered off.

98outback
06-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Are you still in warranty period?

mgswake
06-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Are you still in warranty period?

I sure hope so! Best of luck for a speedy repair.

Stazi
06-11-2018, 11:04 AM
Anyone know who makes the vdrive for the craz and where to find parts for it? My coupler flange sheered off.

Looks like only the bolts sheared; not the actual coupling. Should be able to use a reverse drill bit and easy out to get the old bolts out and replace. Then I would DEFINITELY check your engine/trans alignment to the shaft coupling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aerolland
06-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Looks like just the bolts sheared. Get a left handed drill bit and an EZ out and pull the broken screws out then match them up to grade 8 replacements.

parrothd
06-11-2018, 11:21 AM
That's the plan, however I've never had much success with easy outs, fingers crossed. Thinking I need to pull the tank for access, and need to locate replacement pins.

I just need the 4 pins,

parrothd
06-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Looks like only the bolts sheared; not the actual coupling. Should be able to use a reverse drill bit and easy out to get the old bolts out and replace. Then I would DEFINITELY check your engine/trans alignment to the shaft coupling.

Thats what I get for running a bent prop while waiting for a replacement. :rolleyes:

larry_arizona
06-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Are the bolts designed to shear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
06-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Are the bolts designed to shear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heads snapped off from vibration, once one goes they all follow pretty quick.

Stazi
06-11-2018, 11:53 AM
The heads snapped off from vibration, once one goes they all follow pretty quick.

Bingo. Severe vibration will cause flexing in the shaft and that will do exactly what you said. Same reason why you don't keep driving a car with one snapped wheel stud. Yet people still do it and then wonder what happened when they see their wheel pass them on the expressway.

parrothd
06-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Bingo. Severe vibration will cause flexing in the shaft and that will do exactly what you said. Same reason why you don't keep driving a car with one snapped wheel stud. Yet people still do it and then wonder what happened when they see their wheel pass them on the expressway.

Well that was not a fun process, easy outs for the broken bolts, and my mig welder for the broken pins. Just waiting for parts and put it all back in.. Whew.. Was stressing..

Stazi
06-13-2018, 04:30 PM
Holy crap, you pulled the whole drive out to do it? That blows!

parrothd
06-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Holy crap, you pulled the whole drive out to do it? That blows!

Actually, I wish had done that first instead of messing around in the bilge like I did. Would've saved a lot of time, it's actually pretty small and light, 8 bolts..Instead I had to empty and move the tank to get room. Next time gonna pull the vdrive.. Lol