PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Mondo - Weight Displacement and Surf Settings

jcredible
06-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

Just looking for some feedback on my 2017 Mondo that I bought late last year and where other Mondo owners are running weight. Had it out yesterday and here is what I had setup:

1) 1000 lbs Upfront stock ballast(500 IBS and 500 Hard Tank)
2) 1100 lbs in each rear locker(Probably getting 900-1000 in each locker...even with the divider panels they sure flex!)
3) 500 lbs lead spread throughout...with about 300 up front and 200 spread around the middle of boat.
4) I converted the original 650lbs with a Tsunami pump and had it back at the rear seat yesterday.(Yesterday was the first day running this and a noticeable difference in getting out of the hole and up to speed when using this bag...even with the

We had 2 in the boat while surfing and the regular wave is dialed in with equal weighting in rear lockers. Here are a few questions or areas that I am looking for feedback:

1) Curious on what other Mondo owners are running for weight in their boats and where they are placing it.
2) The Goofy wave is pretty darn good when it is working...but I find that it can be a bit more finicky...which I hear is normal on this hull. I just want to know if anyone is emptying the port ballast to 70% or should I be leaving them both full.
3) Curious what people are running for the tab setup and wakeplate on their mondo for surfing.

Like I said, it is pretty darn good for a little boat...but always looking to improve it and looking for more data from the field with other mondo owners!

Stazi
06-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Add the extra weight to the side you surf on to make the bot list, if you aren’t already. That makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD14Mondo
06-10-2018, 03:55 PM
My Mondo has the manual flow so don’t know this will help much. Mine likes a lot more list to the surf side for goofy. Good luck.

Shoebox
06-10-2018, 06:37 PM
I have almost identical weight setup in my '14, using a Nauticurl. I get the best wave both sides weighted evenly, except 100 lbs extra lead on the surf side and heavier people on the surf side.

jcredible
06-12-2018, 12:32 PM
I will try moving lead and people around to list it and see what that does. I am running the OJ 945 prop and typically surfing at ~3000 feet above sea level.

Moving from 3500lbs to 4100lbs makes a big difference in getting out of the hole and into appropriate speed...it was surprising to me!

Any other advice on Mondo surf tab setup and details is always appreciated. When I use my Koal Classic Longboard 58" goofy always has a great wave...but when I move down to the 53" Ahi...I definitely can tell when it is dialed vs. a bit finicky.

Again, just looking for more Mondo owner's feedback!