PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Height

FLORIDA Mobius LSV
10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
What is the Min. garage door height needed to allow an 2004 Mobius LSV with tower upright? Thanks.

qb12
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
i would guess with it on the trailer at least 11 feet with the tower light. my supra's light hit and broke on a 10 ft door at my storage area. i was able to then move to a 12 foot with plenty of room to spare. in fact i just leave my inland surfer in the surf rack which is higher than the light and it fits.

ed, you might have found the lsv you have been looking for..

db

FLORIDA Mobius LSV
10-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Ed, 30 miles west of Jacksonville.

Thanks qb12, Currently my boat is in my standard garage and we lower the tower everytime we use. I'm looking to purchase a metal building with a much higher door height.

TN_Boarder
10-13-2006, 10:55 AM
We got a hiking group that does the Cumberland Island trip every year usually around tax time (Apr. 15th). Its awesome if you've never been.

FLORIDA Mobius LSV
10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
I bought my boat new in '04 and for the past 2 years I have watched the jamborees develop into a lot of fun. I've never attended because I coach my son's baseball team and both years fell on big game weekends. Maybe in the future I can alter games to attend, I told the wife last year that we would attend this year. Thanks for the invite for hiking/camping I'll keep that in mind. Wives allowed or lots of beer?

TN_Boarder
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Ed may disagree, but the back country is kind of a long hike to be packing beer. A good bottle (couple bottles) of Tennessee whiskey is very handy for those cold nights though. I too hope to make that jamboree one of these days, but its a long pull from Tennessee.

Smrtz
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I feel your pain TN its a 24 hr drive from Toronto...NOT towing... so I can imagine it would be a good deal longer with the boat in tow...

Im going to make the trip down this year (flying) and hopefully grab a ride with someone else!

Wolf-
10-14-2006, 11:44 AM
What is the Min. garage door height needed to allow an 2004 Mobius LSV with tower upright? Thanks.

Just did the measuring of my outback last night. 9.5 will get me in w/ the tower up. Hoping to order the steel for the new garage this week.

Want to get it built before it gets really cold up here.