PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate Gauge (Black Box)

Hayden
06-06-2018, 08:47 PM
After searching threads and emailing back and forth with Bennettmarine, I'm looking for help identifying what this wake plate gauge black box does? My wake plate works fine, travels up and down, full motion, no issues. My gauge has never worked since buying to boat last summer. I'm trying to figure out how to fix the gauge and in looking under the hood I found this black box from Beede wired in next to it. Searched the part number but it seems to be old as Beede may have been bought out? None of the wiring is connected as per Bennett's schematic and it looks like a previous owner may have doctored something together for some reason.

Any ideas on this thing? Anyone seen one before?

bcline2012
06-15-2018, 09:50 AM
I have the same problem and same boat. I have looked up under the dash at the same thing and noticed that the hot or ground (i cant remember) is wired to the depth gauge. The depth gauge has taken a dump on me so i will be replacing that soon. Ive replaced the plate gauge but not the black box. Im tagging along in hope for some answers!

Hayden
06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm going to try wiring it up as per the Bennettmarine schematic I've attached next weekend. I'll let you know what happens!

dpilgrim88
06-18-2020, 12:45 PM
I have the same gauge in my 2003 LSV and it has stopped working. The plate still actuates but the gauge does not work. I am trying to find a replacement. I have called skiers choice who told me to call bennet marine. Bennet marine seems to have no idea what im talking about and told me to call the boat manufacture. I also tried beede / faria and they dont have any answers. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement gauge?

VA LSV
06-19-2020, 08:35 AM
The way my boat is wired the wake plate will operate up and down with the key off but the gauge doesn't read because the gauge power is after the switch. Check your 12V supply and ground to the gauge. Both are daisy chained from other gauges so look for a loose connection.