PDA

View Full Version : Looking for teak

Memphis Slim
06-04-2018, 09:50 AM
My platform just started leaving the black prints and I'd like to find a teak platform if possible. I've searched threads but couldn't find any solid info. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated..

Stazi
06-04-2018, 10:28 AM
My platform just started leaving the black prints and I'd like to find a teak platform if possible. I've searched threads but couldn't find any solid info. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated..

Why not get a gator grip pad instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigOrange
06-04-2018, 10:30 AM
If you do intend on building from teak, there used to be some good teak lumber supply on ebay. Also check out shorea or eucalyptus wood as alternatives. But, like Stazi, I'd go with a pad replacement.

Stazi
06-04-2018, 10:37 AM
If you do intend on building from teak, there used to be some good teak lumber supply on ebay. Also check out shorea or eucalyptus wood as alternatives. But, like Stazi, I'd go with a pad replacement.

Contact Chris Stewart at Stewart Products...they make this type of grip product.

mailto:[email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Memphis Slim
06-04-2018, 01:38 PM
The previous owner backed the boat into something and had to repair the glass and it looks pretty beat up still. One of the reasons I was looking into teak, I figured it'd be cheaper than getting a new glass platform.