PDA

View Full Version : radio playing from phone slow to start back up after turrning off ignition

DaveM
05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
The Fusion radio in my new 2018 Craz is slow to turn back on after stopping the boat while retrieving surfers/skiers. If playing Pandora or XM from my phone either through Bluetooth or USB cord, if ignition is turned off, then the radio is slow to turn back on or will go into pause mode when ignition is turned back on.

It appears the solution is to wire the radio to a isolated switch as in my last Moomba, not the ignition switch.

Anyone else have this issue? It's frustrating if the radio goes into pause mode, since you have to grab the phone with wet hands and hit play. It does this with all Apple phones.

MLA
05-31-2018, 09:21 PM
Anyone else have this issue?

yep, everyone since boat builders started to wire the head unit the key switch about 15 years ago.

z28ke
06-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Mine does the same as well, I’m going to wire the head unit and amp remote wires to one of the accessory switches ASAP.

MLA
06-01-2018, 09:47 AM
and amp remote wires to one of the accessory switches

No you dont

z28ke
06-01-2018, 10:07 AM
No you dont

Don’t what??? Lol

What’s the difference between the remote “turn on” wire coming from the head unit vs the same switched source that turns on the head unit?

MLA
06-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Don’t what??? Lol

What’s the difference between the remote “turn on” wire coming from the head unit vs the same switched source that turns on the head unit?

on/off THUMP!

Broke Pilot
06-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Leave the remote on the headunit! It has a delay on the renote wire so you don’t get a thump.
Well crap. I didn’t see MLA’s post at the end lol

z28ke
06-01-2018, 04:30 PM
on/off THUMP!

Roger that, I’m going to be wiring the amps soon. Thank you for the heads up!

DaveM
06-01-2018, 09:25 PM
OK, so what is On/Off thump? Will it damage something if I connect the radio and amps to a separate switch, and not the ignition?

MLA
06-01-2018, 09:35 PM
OK, so what is On/Off thump? Will it damage something if I connect the radio and amps to a separate switch, and not the ignition?

Lets break this in to 2 parts

Turn on/off thump is usually created when the amp(s) and main source unit are turned on or off at the same time, like wiring then to the same switch. Rarely will it damage anything, but darned annoying.

I highly suggest relocating the head unit's IGN turn-on from the key switch to the rocker. leave the turning on of the amps, to the head unit.

deckwork
06-02-2018, 09:40 AM
I am in the middle of switching the head unit ignition wire to an accessory switch but found both the yellow +12volt and red ignition +12volt wire going to same location on the factory harness, I know it works this way but that could be part of the delay on restart as the head unit sees it as start for first time each time. I am planning on putting the +12 volt on the power bar under dash and the ignition on the accessory switch which is set up for the underwater lights which I dont have.
Small concern on engine noise when I do this but will know soon enough.
Boat is a 16 Craz.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

MLA
06-02-2018, 12:45 PM
A volt meter will confirm your theory about the red and yellow without rewiring anything.

deckwork
06-02-2018, 05:46 PM
I was not concerned about voltage going to head unit rather that the yellow should be on 12 volt constant not switchable. After I moved the yellow to constant the head unit certainly starts up much faster.

MLA
06-02-2018, 06:06 PM
The meter would have shown of the yellow was on a constant or switched, was my point. No need to guess or experiment.

deckwork
06-02-2018, 06:15 PM
The meter would have shown of the yellow was on a constant or switched, was my point. No need to guess or experiment.oh sorry but I knew for sure that both yellow and red was on ignition switched because both were crimped into same pin in factory harness, actually took harness plug apart to remove them.