PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Mojo chirp noise

98outback
05-30-2018, 06:50 AM
Does anyone else’s boat make a chirp sound when going back into forward from neutral. It does not do it when you just go in gear at idle but once throttling up it will make a chirp sound. I guessing maybe transmission. Guess I will be taking it to the dealer.

Stazi
05-30-2018, 07:05 AM
Does anyone else’s boat make a chirp sound when going back into forward from neutral. It does not do it when you just go in gear at idle but once throttling up it will make a chirp sound. I guessing maybe transmission. Guess I will be taking it to the dealer.

I have always heard a chirp going into gear in reverse just as it engages, but this is due to the sudden jump for the clutch from stationary to engine speed. But you are saying that you are sure you are already engaged in gear and then it chirps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98outback
05-30-2018, 07:55 AM
If I go from forward to neutral to reverse and then back to forward and begin to throttle up I get a chirp. I will double check Saturday before I take it to the dealer. I have double and triple checked all fluids and they are dead on the full mark.

rdlangston13
05-30-2018, 12:41 PM
No chirp noise here on our 2017 Mojo

98outback
05-30-2018, 04:07 PM
I’ve got a lot of replies over on the Facebook page for Supra moomba. I’m going to check a couple things this weekend and then if I don’t find anything go ahead and take it to dealer.

russellsmojo
05-31-2018, 08:10 AM
No noise on ours. Does it sound like engine or something from the throttle shifter? You might spray some lubricant in the shifter. It’s easy to get to.

jbird
05-31-2018, 11:28 AM
I've noticed a chirp occasionally during the holeshot when I'm pulling a wakeboarder up.

hawgtitan
06-13-2018, 10:58 PM
I have the same chirp noise at times. This is our third summer and I haven't heard it as often this summer, but mine does it when there is a lot of weight in boat. After putting boat in drive, when you slam it to pull a surfer or wakeboarder up, it does it. I described it as sounding like plucking a fiddle string that is wound way too tight. Had mine at dealer two different times and they haven't found a thing and have never heard of it. It has about quit doing it.