PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Kaw lake OK. Been there?

GregInKS
05-30-2018, 05:16 AM
Headed down to Kaw lake Oklahoma this week. We always go to Cheney in KS but Kaw is only 20-30 mins farther. We hear it's much better than Cheney so we are going to check it out.

Has anyone been there and can give me some info on marinas, cool spots, or what to stay away from?

Thanks!

MPB
05-30-2018, 07:39 AM
We love it down there. We are from the Wichita area and agree it's worth the drive. Bigger, cleaner deeper and less traffic. Great day trip lake. The best ramp is off of route 11, Sarge's ramp, I believe. There is a sand bar along the lake just under the ramp bridge where a lot of people tie off or beach anchor and party. Enjoy!!!

GregInKS
05-31-2018, 03:52 AM
We love it down there. We are from the Wichita area and agree it's worth the drive. Bigger, cleaner deeper and less traffic. Great day trip lake. The best ramp is off of route 11, Sarge's ramp, I believe. There is a sand bar along the lake just under the ramp bridge where a lot of people tie off or beach anchor and party. Enjoy!!!

Wichita area here also... Thanks for the info! Kids are excited for a beach to play on :)