PDA

View Full Version : New 2018 Craz and the water temp and Fatho dont work.

Snowslydder
05-29-2018, 06:35 PM
I contacted the dealership and they said they are looking into it but I am going to have to drive 2 hours plus seattle traffic(good luck changing lanes) with a boat to get it fixed when they call back. Have any of the awesome people of this forum seen this before

korey
05-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Mine is exactly the same. Do you have GPS for Speed? I do. And I think it may be related. My dealer is also checking into it. I'm giving him a little slack on this one, because it doesn't affect me much and I know that they're slammed delivering boats for spring. This weekend I figured out why my starboard side ballast was filling and draining much slower than the port side. While draining ballast I happened to open the engine hatch, and saw water spewing down the inside of the transom. Once enough water was out of the bag, I removed the trim panel at the rear of the starboard locker, and found one of the screws that attaches that panel run directly into the fill drain hose between the Y and the through-hull. A little duct tape got me through the weekend, but that one I'm a little more Furious about...

k2davis1
06-01-2018, 01:22 PM
My water temp doesn't work after alternator replacement. 4 hours on boat, looking for solution as well

jcarter20
06-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I have 16 hours on my 2018 Craz. I have not had the alternator issue or noticed any voltage drop, but I do have a whining sound just above idol speed. I suppose that could be the alternator making that noise. Did either of your experience that sound?

Snowslydder
06-02-2018, 12:20 AM
I am still waiting for a reply about the dash board, I feel like it should be fixed for free since it is brand new.

korey
06-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Oh, it absolutely will be fixed for free! My dealer says that there is a connector they've seen loose before that causes this. But on the 2018 they moved the front pumps to the front, and block access to that connector. They're waiting for ideas from skiers choice on what to do.

Snowslydder
06-07-2018, 10:55 AM
and the weighting games begin. I guess I will stay out of new lakes until this is fixed

zabooda
06-07-2018, 11:43 AM
I contacted the dealership and they said they are looking into it but I am going to have to drive 2 hours plus seattle traffic(good luck changing lanes) with a boat to get it fixed when they call back. Have any of the awesome people of this forum seen this before

I would say you have a disconnected cable somewhere to show no reading on the depth and infinite resistance for the water temperature sensor.

korey
06-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Talked to my sales guy this weekend and he said the factory recommend replacing the Paddlewheel. I guess the depth and temp sensor is built into that. I have GPS Cruise, so no clue if the Paddlewheel itself was working. Side note: does anyone know if there's a way to toggle over to Paddlewheel mode when you have GPS?

Dropped the boat off on the way home from the lake tonight. They're fixing up a couple other little things at the same time; leaking ballast hose, troubleshoot a bad brake/turn signal, and maybe adjusting some interior parts, because my bow filler doesn't quite fit right and I'm concerned with it rubbing a hole in the adjacent seat back. Then of course doing the first service! I'll update this thread on the paddlewheel fix!

https://i.imgur.com/JXYC4J7.jpg

korey
06-11-2018, 04:16 PM
So, my guy just called and said that my boat was built without the right sensors! I'm still a little fuzzy on who was wrong, the dealer, or the factory, but my option for depth and temperature was never added! He's got the parts in stock, and supposedly adding it on for me to pick up by the end of the week.

I guess maybe that's a place for you to start looking.

Snowslydder
06-12-2018, 11:55 AM
I will call my guys and see if they have anything to say about it

Snowslydder
06-12-2018, 11:56 AM
also Korey we have almost the exact same paint job. I just have a white bottom instead of a blue one.

korey
06-12-2018, 12:15 PM
also Korey we have almost the exact same paint job. I just have a white bottom instead of a blue one.

Let's see a pic! The blue bottom shows every little imperfection - which is hard to avoid if you trailer the boat like I do...

jcarter20
06-17-2018, 01:13 PM
My water temp doesn't work after alternator replacement. 4 hours on boat, looking for solution as well

My buddy just had the alternator go out in his 2017 Malibu with 100 hours on it. He has the same Indmar Raptor 400 motor as my 2018 Craz. Based on a few posts on this Forum, it sounds like Indmar has a problem. Recall time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowslydder
06-27-2018, 01:34 AM
Let's see a pic! The blue bottom shows every little imperfection - which is hard to avoid if you trailer the boat like I do...

The Silver flake is the way to go