PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal??

WaterDawg
10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok, so now that I am convinced on the Outback V, would like everyone's opinion on the deal I am being offered or if you guys think it would be better to wait for the boat shows in January. I live in Southwest Texas so I can still get another 1-2 months of skiing in! :D Anyway here is the deal.

'07 Outback V w/ 325 HP Indmar Engine

Wakeboard tower with racks/Tower Bimini
Gravity III Ballist System
Hydraulic Wakeplate
Depth Finder
Boat Cover
AM/FM/CD Player
Rear Remote

$37,265 +TT&L (price includes Freight & Make Ready)

Also, dealer is offering no payment, no intrest for a year with long term financing (15 yrs) (7.99%) with no prepayment penalty.

The color is not what I want but I can live with that (it's black, not blue).

Anyway would love to get everyone's opinion. Thanks.

Yellowmobius
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Thats a tough one, Price doesn't seem bad, however I don't know that it is THAT much better than waiting for the show incentives.
Two things that would make me wait.....
1. its not the color you want
2. No Perfect Pass???????? My 2004 LSV has PP and I could NOT go without it!

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting"...holy shit...what a ride!"

smokedog2
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
And the three year boat show warrantee.

However, a year without payments is a deal I never saw. Then again, you will be upside down forever! Which is fine, if you keep the boat.

WaterDawg
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
First I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Being a first time boat buyer, I want to make a good, well informed decision. That said, here is the final deal:

'07 Outback V w/ 325 HP Indmar Engine

Wakeboard tower with racks/Tower Bimini
Gravity III Ballist System
Hydraulic Wakeplate
Depth Finder
Boat Cover
AM/FM/CD Player
Rear Remote
Perfect Pass

$37,000 +TT&L (price includes Freight & Make Ready)

Also, dealer is offering $0 down, no payment, no intrest for a year with long term financing (15 yrs) (7.99%) with no prepayment penalty. I seriously don't think I will take more than about 6 years to pay it off, but I like the option of being able to choose!

The financing is their way of beating the boat show deals coming up. Dealer also said they would order the color I wanted with the features and I could still have the same deal. Drawback is I have to wait a little while longer for the boat! I think it is a good deal but I'd like more feedback before I sign the dotted line!!

JoeTechie
10-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Since the current base prices are not on the configurator yet - it is hard to determine what is a good deal and waht is a graet deal. Obviously the dealer had some room to negotiate if he threw in a $1100 perfect pass and still knocked $265 off. Last years V with all you said looks to be about $37900 - if you add the normal $1200-$2000 bump per year price change, then that is the deal you are getting.

As far as the boat - you will be much happier with the V as a fist time owner! If it not on the list - look at putting the pop-up cleats on the boat. Worth it when you need to tie up.

-Joe

qb12
10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
ed, you are starting to sound a lot like sd2 with your deep thoughts :wink:

qb12
10-11-2006, 09:54 AM
mine never have "popped up". They retract, but never pop up.

I think we should rename them to "retractable multi-purpose do-hickeys".

Did you know that a "retractable multi-purpose do-hickeys" can be used to open a bottle of Corona? Ed, the bottom of my "reef" sandels will open a corona also.

Smrtz
10-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Maybe it made you wonder but, I doubt you would turn it down.. afterall you throw away the part that the opener touches..lol

JoeTechie
10-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I could have gone my entire life without that visual.

:shock:

qb12
10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I could have gone my entire life without that visual.

:shock:

ditto: joe.

this poor guy started this thread about is this a good deal, and it has gone all the way to what ed does on his camping trips :shock:

qb12
10-11-2006, 12:37 PM
You guys need to get out more.

Ain't just me. There's millions of people right now squatting over cat holes

maybe in 3rd world countries.......

oh hell, since we have already gotten off the subject of this thread, how is the pool coming along

smokedog2
10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Who has a pool?

:?:

SD2

:wink: