PDA

View Full Version : Wetsound tower speaker malfunction

mattplantz
05-22-2018, 01:33 PM
I have two older westbound speakers hanging from my tower. When we were surfing, the rope got hooked behind one of the speakers and pulled it forward and rotated it on the tower. After this, the tower speaker cut out and will not play sound anymore. I have checked the connection and it still seems good. Does anyone have any other ideas why this might occur?

Stazi
05-22-2018, 01:42 PM
I have two older westbound speakers hanging from my tower. When we were surfing, the rope got hooked behind one of the speakers and pulled it forward and rotated it on the tower. After this, the tower speaker cut out and will not play sound anymore. I have checked the connection and it still seems good. Does anyone have any other ideas why this might occur?

Connection is good how? I would think the wires got yanked inside the enclosure and either disconnected from the speaker it self or damaged it somehow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MLA
05-22-2018, 08:03 PM
Older as in what speaker model? Pro series with the external connection or Rev series with harness through the clamp? Either model, the harness would have likely been damaged in your scenario, its just a mater of how and what to check, based on design.