PDA

View Full Version : Stains on Vinyl......Help!!

supra.d
05-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Guys, help a newb out! First day on the boat ever and some saplings came in on some feet! Needless to say, I’ve gone green grunge in various spots all over the vinyl. I’m feeling so defeated after scrubbing for hours using 303 multi surface cleaner and a kitchen scrub brush. I really didn’t make a dint, it faded a bit.....maybe, or maybe it is me just hoping it faded a bit.

Any help on product and/or process on getting these stains out would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
05-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Guys, help a newb out! First day on the boat ever and some saplings came in on some feet! Needless to say, I’ve gone green grunge in various spots all over the vinyl. I’m feeling so defeated after scrubbing for hours using 303 multi surface cleaner and a kitchen scrub brush. I really didn’t make a dint, it faded a bit.....maybe, or maybe it is me just hoping it faded a bit.

Any help on product and/or process on getting these stains out would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

For tree sap use goo gone. Then after you’re done, make sure you wipe the same areas with a protectant, as the goo gone will strip that area clear of any type of oil.

ETA: don’t ever SCRUB. The vinyl with a stiff brush, this is overly abrasive and will lead to cracking in that area In the future as you are just creating microtears when you do that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
05-22-2018, 10:13 AM
After you get the majority of the sap removed with goo gone, hit the vinyl with some Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner from Hula Boat Care....it works phenomenal on a wide variety of stains and conditions your vinyl without leaving a greasy residue. This stuff is non-toxic, biodegradable and it smells great...another must get is the Gnarly Water Spot remover, it's legit.

Use promo code RCH10 for 10% off any HBC products!!

bsharer
05-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Try hydrogen peroxide and a small amount of baking soda.

Stazi
05-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Neither is ideal and baking soda is abrasive.

Again, Goo Gone is all you need for tree sap.

parrothd
05-22-2018, 11:55 AM
Totally awesome cleaner, removes everything, it's $1 per bottle. Try diluted first, then apply protection.

Also, don't panic, the sun will usually fade that stuff, scrubbing hard will only make it worse.

supra.d
05-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Thank you for your help!

I’ll go see if I can find Goo Gone or Totally Awesome somewhere locally.

ghebert1111
05-22-2018, 02:52 PM

Make a paste of this and let it sit till it dries out and hardens, and I mean like a cracker. Then you can lift up the hardened paste and rinse the remaining residue. I used this on jetski seats I was going to recover and it is amazing. No scrubbing so no worries a out abrasiveness.

Stazi
05-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Thank you for your help!

Most dollar stores carry both

ghebert1111
05-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Most dollar stores carry both

They carry baking soda and hydrogen peroxide as well.

Shoebox
05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGoo Gone is at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc.

jcarter20
06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
We wrote names on sandwich bags with permanent marker and someone let a wet bag sit on the back seat of our boat. When I picked up the bag it left a perfect stain of someone’s name on our white vinyl. I almost threw up when it didn’t come off after wiping it with Boat bling cleaner. However after two more days in the sun it was totally gone. I was shocked when disappeared completely. I was sure I was going to have to recover the seat.

parrothd
06-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Yep. I used a purple wash glove thingy the other day, stained everything purple, the sun removed it all after day or two. That really freaked me out.