PDA

View Full Version : Craz v. Mojo

23rd&Washington
05-14-2018, 11:39 PM
New to the forum, so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I need some help picking a boat. We have zeroed in on either a Craz or Mojo. Will demo both, but looking for some preliminary information to guide our search. Would love to find something used, but may buy new if the price is right (hopefully looking at end of season incentives). Family of 5, and the kids are small right now (2, 5, & 7). Here are my main questions: (1) Does the extra foot on the Mojo really provide that much more interior room? It's often just us, but I don't want feel cramped when we have folks out and don't want to grow out of the boat anytime soon. I also don't want to pay for the extra space if the difference is minimal. (2) Is there is significant difference in how these two boats handle chop? Our lake (Possum Kingdom) can be rough at times. Obviously the bigger the boat the better, but, again, is the difference between the two boats material in this respect. (3) Similarly optioned out, is there any material difference between between the fit and finish and/or the performance of the boats? We are somewhat price sensitive (see: family of 5), but ultimately want to get the right boat. Thanks in advance, and would love to hear any other input y'all might have.

mattsask
05-14-2018, 11:52 PM
The cabin bench seat is 8" longer. Running surfaces are very similar so they will both handle chop about the same. Both are solid performers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
05-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Never been on the water in a Craz but have sat in them. The size difference is noticeable just sitting in them but the fit and finish is equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
05-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Both are great options. You didn't mention how you primarily intend on using the boat but I think the Craz hits the sweet spot in terms of power (raptor 400)/weight/displacement necessary. On one hand you'll never regret buying a bigger boat but if the majority of the outings are with a small crew than the difference is negligible. I've had 10 real adults on my Craz and never felt like we were stepping on each others toes. Honestly, you'll be really happy with either choice.

corvette8189
05-15-2018, 09:30 AM
Nobody wishes they bought a smaller boat.

23rd&Washington
05-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Good to hear. We'll primarily use the boat for surfing and cruising and some wake boarding. Use will probably change as kids get bigger.

KG's Supra24
05-15-2018, 12:58 PM
I'd vote for bigger boat. Mojo.

korey
05-15-2018, 01:55 PM
For me, it came down to what would fit in my garage, so there wasn't much decision to be made - I bought the Craz because it fits, and the Mojo doesn't. It helps that I prefer a traditional bow (pointy bow). I spent hours and hours in a friend's Mojo before deciding on the Craz for myself, but never even test drove a Craz! After getting it on the water and handling it around the dock and trailer I feel like it actually is a little more maneuverable at idle than the Mojo! Like mentioned above, the running surfaces are the same (or at least very similar) so handling at speed and in chop they are are identical. Like others have said, nobody regrets getting the smaller boat - except when they don't fit, then they really regret it! I definitely notice the 8" less in the middle in my boat versus the Mojo's that I've been on, and I'm surprised. 2 adults shoulder to shoulder is tight on the driver's/starboard side on my boat, not so much on a Mojo.

rdlangston13
05-15-2018, 06:01 PM
For me, it came down to what would fit in my garage, so there wasn't much decision to be made - I bought the Craz because it fits, and the Mojo doesn't. It helps that I prefer a traditional bow (pointy bow). I spent hours and hours in a friend's Mojo before deciding on the Craz for myself, but never even test drove a Craz! After getting it on the water and handling it around the dock and trailer I feel like it actually is a little more maneuverable at idle than the Mojo! Like mentioned above, the running surfaces are the same (or at least very similar) so handling at speed and in chop they are are identical. Like others have said, nobody regrets getting the smaller boat - except when they don't fit, then they really regret it! I definitely notice the 8" less in the middle in my boat versus the Mojo's that I've been on, and I'm surprised. 2 adults shoulder to shoulder is tight on the driver's/starboard side on my boat, not so much on a Mojo.

I wonder if a larger rudder would help low speed maneuverability

hawgtitan
05-15-2018, 08:15 PM
I have never been in a Mojo, but the difference in price was not worth the extra few inches to me. I have had 13 or 14 on my boat and I'm not gonna say that I would want that everyday, but at the same time we had a great time. Needless to say with 1100's, all ballast maxed out and that many on boat, WHAT A WAVE for surfing!! Forget planing for wakeboarding, but dump a little ballast and check out the wakeboard wave!!

Broke Pilot
05-15-2018, 09:44 PM
I surfed and drove mojo and a craz back to back yesterday. Both good waves with aftermarket ballast. And yes, the craz is a little more maneuverable than the mojo I felt, but to me it’s like a civic vs a school bus lol. They both put my SA to shame. I couldn’t believe how responsive the mojo was compared to mine. Then the craz was even better. I enjoyed both boats. But like was said earlier... no one has ever wished for less room!

23rd&Washington
05-15-2018, 09:49 PM
This is all great information. What’s the true price differential between these boats (assuming similar options)?

KnoxMojo
05-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Well, for one, it is not a just few extra inches, it is an entire foot. I have had 2 22' wake boats. Our 23' Mojo is so much more spacious as compared to them. If you can afford it, there is no reason to not go with the bigger boat. You'll never wonder "what if". When you demo them, you will see that for yourself. You also have to think of all the bags for the kids, when they invite friends, when you guys invite your friends with kids. The only smaller boat I'd consider is the Max as it is 22'6" with a 102" beam.

russellsmojo
05-16-2018, 08:59 AM
I surfed and drove mojo and a craz back to back yesterday. Both good waves with aftermarket ballast. And yes, the craz is a little more maneuverable than the mojo I felt, but to me it’s like a civic vs a school bus lol. They both put my SA to shame. I couldn’t believe how responsive the mojo was compared to mine. Then the craz was even better. I enjoyed both boats. But like was said earlier... no one has ever wished for less room!

Trade ya titles?

RC_Hinojosa
05-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Trade ya titles?

I know a lot of guys start out with a Moomba and work there way up to a Supra....you've had both and went back to Moomba. Just out of curiosity was there a specific reason why? Desire for simplicity?

russellsmojo
05-16-2018, 10:06 AM
I know a lot of guys start out with a Moomba and work there way up to a Supra....you've had both and went back to Moomba. Just out of curiosity was there a specific reason why? Desire for simplicity?

I see a boat as a good deal or bad deal. I try not to fall in love with any particular brand.

RC_Hinojosa
05-16-2018, 10:27 AM
I see a boat as a good deal or bad deal. I try not to fall in love with any particular brand.

Gotcha, fair enough. I love my Moomba and don't plan on having anything different anytime soon...but on occasion I look longingly at the SL :p

rdlangston13
05-16-2018, 12:05 PM
Heidi’s basically said we are never buying another boat. So I guess it’s a good thing we ordered what we wanted this last time!

Broke Pilot
05-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Trade ya titles?

Oh hell no... I love that SA! I’ll take slow idle handling for that wave!
Plus, I’m with David, this is the last boat I’m buying. Lol