PDA

View Full Version : 08' LSV Temp Gauge Replacement

303eaze
05-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Hey!

I've had my temp gauge housing break (pic below) in my 08 lsv. After talking with a Moomba dealer they want $137 for a gauge that could work but they wont guarantee plug and play. If I have to cut wires Id rather get one for ~$30-$40 from Overtons.

Has anyone else had to replace the temp gauge on a boat approx. this old? I really hope to just plug it in instead of having to wire it in.

I was told there is no longer support for these older boats is this true?

Thanks in advance

Poison
05-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Hey!

I've had my temp gauge housing break (pic below) in my 08 lsv. After talking with a Moomba dealer they want $137 for a gauge that could work but they wont guarantee plug and play. If I have to cut wires Id rather get one for ~$30-$40 from Overtons.

Has anyone else had to replace the temp gauge on a boat approx. this old? I really hope to just plug it in instead of having to wire it in.

Thanks in advance

Faria 13804 Chesapeake 100-250°F Water Temp Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AZ7ZR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FoH-AbXSNNR5N

Try this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
05-14-2018, 08:12 PM
I'm still getting used parts for my '98. get as much information off the gauge and check eBay and a Google search. Sometimes you can get lucky.

303eaze
05-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Thanks a bunch. Ill have a look at the Faria gauge.

I tried the google/ebay/amazon route with the info provided from the dealer and off the gauge itself and can only find a gauge in Australia. Shipping would be a bear from Aus.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would indicate what each of the wires in the plug do? I've spent way to much time looking (still looking) for a wiring schematic for my boat.

parrothd
05-15-2018, 08:39 AM
Just glue it back together, just fixed the same thing.

aerolland
05-15-2018, 08:53 AM
Edit: Parrot beat me to the punch... that's what I get for having 10+ forum windows open and don't refresh before I post.

A lot of us on the forum have run into the same problem as you - in fact, my fuel gauge is 50% broken and awaiting a fix. Several of us, including myself, have had success super gluing the bezel back on - do you still have it? Now, if the gauge no longer works then forget it but if it's just the face that has separated, glue baby glue!

Leirhiht
05-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Hey!

Thanks in advance

I got the part number from skiers choice and ordered it from my moomba dealer. Nobody at SC or my moomba house mentioned anything about splicing wires. I just got it and haven't had a chance to get to the unit to work on it...hopefully I don't have to splice, it's already hard enough to get under there and access it especially with a sub woofer box in the way.