PDA

View Full Version : Swim Pad Storage

Dtbradly
05-14-2018, 02:12 PM
so i bought the kids one of those massive foam pads for Christmas and finally took it out on the water this weekend. i originally put it on the swim platform but we quickly noticed it catching the surface when on plane. Where do you guys put these things? i ended up having it running bow to stern over the engine compartment strapped down to the cleats. but that doesnt work while surfing so it had to go across my entire back bench which throws off where i put weight.please tell me theres something better im missing.

Tylerrnemt
05-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Buy a lake house and keep it there ;)

Prospersigman
05-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Buy a blow up island that is $130 dollars on Amazon, they can zip together if your buddy has one to make them even bigger and it deflates and fits underneath the bow cushion...problem solved.

bsharer
05-15-2018, 10:45 AM
We would put it in the boat and then run across to where we would anchor and hang out during the day. Set the anchor, w floating ball and hook the lilly pad to that, and a sand spike on the beach side and leave it there.

Prospersigman
05-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Buy a blow up island that is $130 dollars on Amazon, they can zip together if your buddy has one to make them even bigger and it deflates and fits underneath the bow cushion...problem solved.

We have one of these and it is great. If you have friends with boats they have zippers so you can connect them and like I said above they fold up and I keep my under the bow filler cushion.

https://www.amazon.com/WOW-Watersports-Inflatable-Floating-Walkway/dp/B0721WF3TV/ref=pd_sbs_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0721WF3TV&pd_rd_r=SYRZNBPWDJ8FH3EGNT0G&pd_rd_w=xAZvh&pd_rd_wg=mRVOg&refRID=SYRZNBPWDJ8FH3EGNT0G&dpID=41ZAdCdxeqL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

carport fan
05-16-2018, 03:54 AM
interesting suggestion!

Dtbradly
05-16-2018, 09:27 AM
hmmmmm not looking good for me

RC_Hinojosa
05-17-2018, 10:05 AM
hmmmmm not looking good for me

If you are towing with one of those things PLEASE be careful and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDoerxecKF8

Rolled float flies off swim platform and the following motorcyclist does an endo!!

Dtbradly
05-17-2018, 01:42 PM
holy crap that would be scary.

Darter
05-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Last summer I passed a couple of guys walking down the side of the highway carrying one of those. At least a half mile later I passed their truck and boat. Thankfully there were no sidelined cars as a result.

Those things have to be tied down very securely... lots of wind drag.