PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Outback V - Bimini top

Launchbear
05-14-2018, 01:44 PM
I have a new to me 2009 Moomba Outback V and have been learning more about it each time it hits the water. I discovered this weekend that the shade top (assuming it’s called a Bimini) is VERY low in the open position. It appears to be the factory top mounted to the factory tower. It’s so low that I was unable to use it at all or everyone would have had to bend over substantially to move about on the boat. Is there any better options out there either aftermarket or custom made? Would prefer if it was above the tower if that’s even possible.... can add picture later this evening when I’m back near the boat.... please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boggy_bb
06-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Launchbear, did you ever have any luck finding the type of bimini that you want? I have an '05 mobius and am having the same problem as you. if you found out anything i would really appreciate your findings. if you haven't found anything and i end up finding something i will post it here on this thread.

Starrski
07-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Tower biminis makes an over ther tower Bimini. Just put one on my 2011 OBV. Had the original under tower Bimini, never used it, too low to be useful.

kaneboats
07-13-2018, 11:44 AM
One thing you can do with some of these is drill a new hole in the outer pipe so it locks into a higher position. I had to do that to get mine up off my head after I raised my driver's seat. Other than that you need towerbiminis or get a monster tower bimini.