PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 of Mojo 2.5 Ownership - Need a little help

AtTheRiver
05-08-2018, 11:27 AM
I just moved over from owning two previous Centurions to the '14 Mojo 2.5 and have trolled this site before pulling the trigger on this rig and know there is a lot of good info here. Right now the boat and I are getting acquainted but an immediate concern has arisen. The bilge pump does not work. Can someone tell me where the bilge pump is in this model or at least where it is supposed to be. I looked for about 10 minutes and could not find it and am wondering if previous owner took it out in which case I will need to figure out where the wiring is. All the better if someone had a pic handy of location.

Thanks and look forward to joining the Moomba club.

sivs1
05-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Good Looking Mojo! Of the two SC inboards I have owned the bilge pump has been in different locations on each. My Moomba was accessed right near the V-drive, basically sitting to the rear of the fuel tank. On my Supra the bilge pump is located mid-ship right in front of the fuel tank. Access is through a small access panel in the floor right to the left of the drivers seat.

I know both are not a Mojo, but might help give you some direction.

mcdye
05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Congrats on the new ride! I want to recall mine is located right in the front of the vdrive.

KnoxMojo
05-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Should be under your transmission cover. What else you have going on?

AtTheRiver
05-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Thanks. I was looking under engine.

Lets see, what else is going on...

Does the speed control device have an RPM mode? I went through menu and am guessing not.

Is there a way to adjust or calibrate analog speed gauge? Didn't see an obvious knob but I am still learning the Mojo ways.

Thinking about upgrading ballast and read this forum for ideas on that and will be moving the skull crushing tower speakers.

KnoxMojo
05-08-2018, 03:16 PM
On this site, go to the main Moomba page, support, archives, manuals...download the owners manual for your year. That should get you going in the right direction on a few questions. Upgrade ballast is pretty much pull and replace then adjust timers.

c h r i s
05-08-2018, 11:13 PM
I have a 2013, it’s a paddle wheel speed controller and it needed to be calibrated.

Bilge pump was next to v drive, make sure your fuses are all good. I’ve had them pop and affect the blower in the past.

If you’re running stock ballast you NEED to supplement it substantially. Xtra in the nose, bigger in the back and what the hell, throw some under the seats too.

Great boat for surfing with some light mods. Let us know if you need any other pointers after playing around with it.

Shoebox
05-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Is there a way to adjust or calibrate analog speed gauge? Didn't see an obvious knob but I am still learning the Mojo ways.
I have a 14 Mondo, but if the Mojo is similar, look for this knob under the left side of the dash. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/d045117d4c6be0ddbf533b188f789563.jpg

JD14Mondo
05-09-2018, 09:40 AM
I would also get a GPS receiver to replace the paddle wheel.

nauticlaugic.com

AtTheRiver
05-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Thanks! Found the speedo calibration knob and bilge pump - It is forward of v-drive unit.

I will be experimenting with ballast and have already read some of the surf ballast threads here to help me get started. Will probably keep a couple of bags more or less permanently filled in bow - I keep it on a lift so do not need to worry about trailer weight and have about 1500 lbs of extra capacity on air lift. I have been eyeing the upgraded bags on wakemakers and suspect will upgrade to the 1100 at least for the port side.

The GPS receiver will take me in the wrong direction. We primarily ride on a river that often has some current so getting the water speed right is way more important than the speed over ground. In my last boat, I found using the RPM mode provided the most consistent pulls on the river and wish I could use that on this Mojo.

c h r i s
05-09-2018, 06:57 PM
I’d suggest looking for some used 1100s or equivalent new size sold by wake makers for the rear corners and re-purposing your stock bags for under seat. The U-shaped nose bag is key unless all you do is surf. I wouldn’t want to putz around with a nose full of weight if not surfing.

Welcome to the framily. Great forum here.

kaneboats
05-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Will probably keep a couple of bags more or less permanently filled in bow - I keep it on a lift so do not need to worry about trailer weight and have about 1500 lbs of extra capacity on air lift.

I would be hesitant to keep ballast full. It's not just the lift but also the hull you have to think about. Might not matter with an air lift as the support should be spread out more but I would still think it through.