PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat Falure and Overheating Raptor Engine

PuraVida
05-07-2018, 02:22 PM
I was out surfing last weekend when my boat overheated. Ran for about 30 min before we lost power and shut the engine off. Blew the lid off the coolant reservoir. My raw water pump is working because I can see water running through my strainer. Had to get a tow in to prevent any damage. Dealer says it is the thermostat. Anyone else with a similar issue on the raptor 400? Roughly 270hrs.

Boat ran fine the weekend before but we never ran it hard because there was still ice on the lake.

Stazi
05-07-2018, 05:53 PM
I was out surfing last weekend when my boat overheated. Ran for about 30 min before we lost power and shut the engine off. Blew the lid off the coolant reservoir. My raw water pump is working because I can see water running through my strainer. Had to get a tow in to prevent any damage. Dealer says it is the thermostat. Anyone else with a similar issue on the raptor 400? Roughly 270hrs.

Boat ran fine the weekend before but we never ran it hard because there was still ice on the lake.

Physically look at the raw water impeller and make sure it didn’t lose a cane and block the water line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mor3naz0
05-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Had the same problem and even though water seemed to be going through the strainer, the raw pump had failed.

I had it replaced and all good so far.

PuraVida
05-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the responses. I emptied the strainer and it filled almost instantaneously. Will hopefully know more soon.

Casey B
07-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Did you find the issue? Mine overheated and went in limp mode yesterday. The raw water appears to be circulating fine but it continues to get hot. I checked the t star today and it appears to be working properly as well.

Gene WB
06-14-2022, 05:39 PM
How did you end up fixing this problem. I am having the same issue.

Gene WB