PDA

View Full Version : Transmission mount bolt

Dev
05-01-2018, 03:44 PM
While getting the boat ready this year, I noticed one of the transmission mount bolts was partially hanging out at an angle. I'm afraid I'll strip the threads if I try to wrench it down. Is it possible it's been this way and I've never noticed before? Has this happened to anyone else?

Stazi
05-01-2018, 03:55 PM
While getting the boat ready this year, I noticed one of the transmission mount bolts was partially hanging out at an angle. I'm afraid I'll strip the threads if I try to wrench it down. Is it possible it's been this way and I've never noticed before? Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it threaded into the transmission case or is there a nut on the opposite side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dev
05-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Is it threaded into the transmission case or is there a nut on the opposite side?

Hey Stazi -

This is where the trans mount bolts to the boat. Honestly not sure if there's a nut on the other side, or how to gain access to check. I'm adding another image in case it helps.

Thanks

parrothd
05-01-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a wood screw into the stringer. Remove it and see or tighten it.

Stazi
05-01-2018, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a wood screw into the stringer. Remove it and see or tighten it.

That’s what it looks like to me too.

bsharer
05-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Ive got one on each transmission mount that looks just like this.

gmg
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
I too, been like that for 6 years.

bjrow
05-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Just completed our winterizing last weekend and our 2014 Mondo has exactly the same as shown in your original post.
Tried tightening it up but it wouldn't move. Could have forced it I guess but the way my luck goes with such things I'd probably shear the head off, so I just left it as is. Been like this since 2014 when we purchased the boat. It isn't loose and takes quiet some effort to back it out so I shrugged my shoulders and figured it's a manufacturing thing.
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.