PDA

View Full Version : Speedo not working

SorryCharlie
05-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Hi Guys, Have a 2015 Mojo and took it out a week ago, the speedo isn't working. I checked underneath and the paddle wheel spins freely.

Is this handled through the transducer? I tried unscrewing the transducer but couldn't figure out how to get it off? Any help appreciated.

Darter
05-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Paddlewheel transducers have a large, hand tightened nut on the inside of the hull. Losses that, then the transducer comes out. I'd be surprised it's bad on such a new boat. Try tracing the wire to make sure sure any connectors are clean, free of corrosion, and secure.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

SorryCharlie
05-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Like where it connects to the speedo, at the dash? Or where it connects in the transducer? Thanks for the answer btw.

Darter
05-09-2018, 02:25 PM
The transducer shouldn't have a connector on it, but the factory could have put one anywhere along the way to the speedo. I'd check in the vicinity of the paddlewheel and near other access points. My boat had a splice about 3 feet from the paddlewheel. When I replaced mine, I ran the new cable all the way up to the dash so I wouldn't have any breaks in wet areas.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

parrothd
05-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Oops.. Nm...

SorryCharlie
07-27-2018, 02:22 PM
So I checked all the gauges and they all had resistance. I ordered a new Triducer, which was over $300 BTW, and now everything works. My depth finder was going bonkers after I posted this. Other boats that I have owned, never had a problem like this and some of them were 15-20 years old. I have contacted Skiers Choice to see if they will replace under warranty. There is no way that a Triducer should go bad this quick.

chwags69
06-22-2019, 02:06 PM
I have a 2017 Craz that the transducer for the paddlewheel went out early this spring. It was replaced under warranty, but when we got the boat back our surfing speed of 10.8MPH felt that we should be wakeboarding (way too fast). We set the speed to about 7.8MPH and it felt about right.
Tried changing the paddlewheel offset this morning which was at 1.5. Started at 2.0 didn't make much of a difference. Went to 3.0 and it was a little better. Tried upping it to 5.0 and it automatically went to 0.0 on the display (We didn't actually try driving the boat at 5.0 as the display went to 0.0 on its own). Now it won't let us increase from 0.0 and it is worse than what we had at 7.8MPH.

haknslash
06-22-2019, 10:07 PM
I have a 2017 Craz that the transducer for the paddlewheel went out early this spring. It was replaced under warranty, but when we got the boat back our surfing speed of 10.8MPH felt that we should be wakeboarding (way too fast). We set the speed to about 7.8MPH and it felt about right.
Tried changing the paddlewheel offset this morning which was at 1.5. Started at 2.0 didn't make much of a difference. Went to 3.0 and it was a little better. Tried upping it to 5.0 and it automatically went to 0.0 on the display (We didn't actually try driving the boat at 5.0 as the display went to 0.0 on its own). Now it won't let us increase from 0.0 and it is worse than what we had at 7.8MPH.

Your paddle wheel on the triducer is likely not aligned. Same happened to me today. I just got my boat back from the dealer today for my break-in and one of the things I had them do while it was there was swap out my triducer for a replacement because of a faulty depth reading (it would show --- instead of depth at times). The new triducer wasn't quite aligned as I found out when I took the boat on the water and was running 4000 rpm but speedo read 15-18 mph lol. It was about 15 mph off :D!! Called my dealer service dept and they sent a guy to come meet me on the water and we made a few speed runs while he dialed in the alignment using GPS to match my paddle wheel speed on the display. All is well now. If you look inside the vdrive access you should see the airmar triducer with an arrow pointing towards the bow. That arrow is used to align the triducer which the paddle wheel is attached to.

subedriver
06-21-2020, 12:21 PM

We are having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what was wrong

subedriver
06-21-2020, 12:24 PM

We are having the exact same problem with our 2017 Moomba. Did you figure out what the problem was?

KnoxMojo
06-21-2020, 12:29 PM
We are having the exact same problem with our 2017 Moomba. Did you figure out what the problem was?

Make sure your paddlewheel is properly aligned. It has arrows on it that should be pointing forward towards the bow. Can loosen nut inside the boat to rotate the assembly. It should be under your transmission hatch somewhere.