PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Impellers

MMPRES
04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
A couple weekends ago, was out on the water attempting to get ready for a wakeboard set, flipped on ballast pumps to fill and before getting into the water on the usual timeline. I noticed that my ballast overflows hadn't started spitting out the side of the boat. Looked in the rear compartments and the bags were still completely empty. Check in the engine compartment and it turns out that I had cut the valves off on the ballast intakes when I winterized the boat last season and forgot to cut them back on when I de-winterized. So yeah, looks like I burnt up the impellers on all the ballast pumps as they were all incredibly slow this weekend when they actually started moving water. Had to cut the pumps on several times as they had timed out before filling the bags.

Does anyone have some old ballast impellers hanging around that they'd like to part with for a nominal fee? Dealer says they'll be approx. $50 per. I have no problem installing them myself, but looking to save where I can before my wife divorces me for pumping more money into the boat as I already had to replace the heat exchange this spring (that's a story for another day).

New Guy
04-30-2018, 05:55 PM
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ballast+impeller&sprefix=ballast+impe%2Caps%2C172&crid=4MMNF3D6PO3Q

flynnva
04-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Check Wakemakers, I think our pumps use the green impellers and they are on sale for $24.99 (Lucky you, kinda). You should also be able to save 10% with our discount code, send me a pm if you need it. Also, double check that they are the right ones or maybe someone will chime in to confirm.

Stazi
04-30-2018, 06:06 PM
Check Wakemakers, I think our pumps use the green impellers and they are on sale for $24.99 (Lucky you, kinda). You should also be able to save 10% with our discount code, send me a pm if you need it. Also, double check that they are the right ones or maybe someone will chime in to confirm.

Why would you even have to turn the valves shut for winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMPRES
04-30-2018, 06:14 PM

Jabsco seems like the right brand. I'll confirm with my dealer.
It has the option of the impeller by itself or a kit w/ impeller, bushing, O-ring and screws.
My boat's only 2016, what's the likelihood I'll need anything other than just the impeller?

MMPRES
04-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Why would you even have to turn the valves shut for winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seemed like a good idea at the time. To prevent any water from getting into the lines if my boat inadvertently dropped off the lift. Thinking better safe than sorry still turned into being sorry. LOL.