PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Maryville to see my build 4/26!!

korey
04-24-2018, 01:53 PM
I lined up my schedule to visit a customer in Clinton, TN this Thursday and allow me to get down to Maryville to the SC factory that afternoon! My Craz build should be a day or two from shipping at that point. Anyone else have anything in the plant right now that you want me to snipe pictures of?!

MJHSupra
04-25-2018, 01:20 AM
The new SE

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
04-25-2018, 01:25 AM
If you have not been there, it's a cool tour to watch the Moomba and Supra being built. Station by station. Just like everyone else, I asked tons of questions.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
04-25-2018, 06:11 AM
Probably not the best place to ask about sniping pics since this forum is monitored by Skiers Choice. LOL

korey
04-25-2018, 08:16 AM
Haha, I guess I should re-phrase... i don't expect to see any pre-production 2019 stuff or to get to go around snapping photos of much of anything. I work in pretty sensitive manufacturing facilities all over, I know th rules! Actually I'll be at Oak Ridge earlier that day... I was more offering to lay eyes on any 2018 builds that may be in production for anyone here then BEG for a photo to pass along, as I will BEG for a photo or two of mine in a less than complete state. I've seen those photos before on here. Or answer any "whats xxx look like under the floor" or " where does this hose or wire go?" Type questions

KnoxMojo
04-25-2018, 02:07 PM
That sounds like a good plan. I don't think they will have any issue with that. The only reason I brought up that they monitor this forum is that I have had my hand slapped by them before. Lol. Have fun out there and welcome to East Tennessee.

ky_coop
04-25-2018, 09:54 PM
i had a great time taking the tour. Learned alot and gained a type of confidence/ trust in SC. The tour alone took me from being kind of interested in getting into an inboard boat, to building maxs online and talking to dealers. If your tour is anything like ours you will see some cool stuff. The tour guide we got was the Moomba Product manager. Matt Brown i believe was his name. He was awesome and answered any questions i had and explained tons about the process. I think youll really enjoy it, especially with your boat being on the assembly line!

korey
04-26-2018, 08:23 AM
Cool, KY_coop! Pretty sure that I met Matt brown at the Cincy boat show. What part of Ky are you in? what dealer are you talking to?

korey
04-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Well, my day got completely hosed by a hiccup at our shop. I'm still in Lexington and had to call and cancel my tour at Skier's Choice... Within a few minutes, I received this text:

That's a pretty damn big ray of sunshine on an otherwise crappy day on my end!

RC_Hinojosa
04-26-2018, 01:58 PM

That's a pretty damn big ray of sunshine on an otherwise crappy day on my end!

Looking good!!

z28ke
04-26-2018, 06:45 PM
That really sucks you missed the tour but fantastic customer service for them to reach out like that!

ky_coop
04-27-2018, 12:00 AM
Im in louisville, usually boat at Nolin, you? I have been in contact with sea ray cincinatti about setting up demo ride but waiting for the weather to warm up a little more. I talked to Denney Marine at the louisville boat show but gonna try and go thru searay cinci because we have a searay here in louisville that could do everything service wise.

korey
04-27-2018, 08:40 AM
That really sucks you missed the tour but fantastic customer service for them to reach out like that!

Between talking to a Moomba rep at the Cincinnati Boat Show, their direct involvement on this forum and other places online, and the way I've seen the guys at my dealership talk directly to their contacts at the factory like close friends, this level of customer service is a big part of the reason that I bought the boat. Even when I called the factory to cancel my trip and navigated the phone system assuming I would get someone who had no clue what I was talking about, I was surprised when the phone system led me to some sort of marketing manager, and she said with the sweetest East Tennessee accent, "oh you must be Korey, we're so sorry you can't make it. don't worry a bit about cancelling!"

Im in louisville, usually boat at Nolin, you? I have been in contact with sea ray cincinatti about setting up demo ride but waiting for the weather to warm up a little more. I talked to Denney Marine at the louisville boat show but gonna try and go thru searay cinci because we have a searay here in louisville that could do everything service wise.

Cool! I grew up in Louisville, and Nolin was a big part of our boating lives. My parents even honeymooned at Moutardierin the 80s! My family has moved on to Dale Hollow now, but we've still got a lot of connections on Nolin. There's a good chance you might spot my silver and blue machine out that way once or twice this year! I'm in Lexington now, and spend about half of my time on Cumberland, and the other half exploring all over the place. I still call Laurel my home Lake, but the draw to Cumberland as usually pretty strong.

I've got a personal connection to the guys at Denney Marine so I'm definitely biased. Their family is house boat Neighbors to one of my best friends family whom I spend most of my time on Cumberland with. They are truly great people and water sports enthusiasts. They put as many or more hours on these boats as humanly possible in Kentucky's boating season. Are you sure that Sea Ray of Louisville and Sea Ray of Cincinnati are related in a way that makes Sea Ray of Louisville your servicing dealer? I didn't think they were related... I spoke with the guys at Sea Ray of Cincinnati at the Cincinnati Boat Show. Seem like a great group, but as soon as I told them I had been talking to Denney I saw their faces turn white. When I told them my price, they told me I better go buy that right now in the sort of way the either meant that they thought I was lying, or that they were disgusted that the other dealership was selling so low! If you visit both places you'll understand the difference in overhead. Denny's front office is like a museum of tournament skiing trophies with Leon Denny's name on them! I also couldn't stand the thought of buying a performance towboat from a dealership known for Sea Ray's. I've been a blatant inboard snob for most of my life though. I don't really plan on recovering.