PDA

View Full Version : 10 hour service

shockthis
04-21-2018, 10:56 AM
I was just told by my dealer I had to bring our new boat back in for a service between 10-20 hours, to maintain warranty. I usually log all my own oil changes, is this true? Never had to on my previous boats. It is a 3 hour drive each way so I would rather change my own fluids:

Cody
04-21-2018, 12:23 PM
I was just told by my dealer I had to bring our new boat back in for a service between 10-20 hours, to maintain warranty. I usually log all my own oil changes, is this true? Never had to on my previous boats. It is a 3 hour drive each way so I would rather change my own fluids:

I have never heard of it voiding a warranty, but we took ours in for the 10-20 hour service as recommended.

KnoxMojo
04-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Many dealers include the 20 hour service in the sales price. I would inquire about that. The 20 hour service is more than just changing fluids. They also check prop shaft alignment, steering, loose hardware and a host of other items. It is also an opportunity to go over your boat with them for any warranty issues and or questions. 3 hours is a haul, but probably worth it for the first service.

mcjimmy33
04-26-2018, 09:36 AM
I performed my own service and saved my receipts. Called my dealer to make sure warranty would be intact and they stated it would be. I changed the oil, v drive, and tranny fluid.