PDA

View Full Version : Stereo bypass key

y0mbo
04-18-2018, 10:08 PM
2016 Moomba Mondo with the stock stereo:

I hate how the stereo drops its bluetooth connection everytime I switch between the engine running and aux. It's even worse when going from aux to starting the boat.

Has anyone bypassed the ignition and wired through an open switch instead?
I want to control the power for the stereo without using the key, but turn it off with one of the switches so as not to leave the stereo on by accident and drain the battery overnight.

If you've done it, how difficult was it to do?

MLA
04-18-2018, 10:28 PM
Its actually really simple if there is an unused ACC switch. Does the helm not have a stereo rocker any more in 2016? The hole stereo powers down then back up when going from RUN to ACC with the key?

JD14Mondo
04-19-2018, 08:31 AM
My 14 is wired through the stereo rocker switch. Doesn't matter what position ignition switch is in. Starting and turning off motor does not effect stereo at all. That would be a pain.

mikenehrkorn
04-19-2018, 08:54 AM
My 14 is wired through the stereo rocker switch. Doesn't matter what position ignition switch is in. Starting and turning off motor does not effect stereo at all. That would be a pain.

My 2013 is also tied to the stereo switch and I love that!!

russellsmojo
04-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Where dusty at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
04-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Where dusty at?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe wired mine straight to battery. There is a power button on the head unit so did not use a rocker switch.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

russellsmojo
04-19-2018, 10:08 AM
He wired mine straight to battery. There is a power button on the head unit so did not use a rocker switch.

My 16 he wired through key switch so could go straight to acc without losing stereo. It was nice!

rdlangston13
04-19-2018, 11:45 AM
He wired mine straight to battery. There is a power button on the head unit so did not use a rocker switch.

This is how I did mine as well.

KnoxMojo
04-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Same, if key is off, radio is off, but crank, run and acc it stays on.

y0mbo
04-30-2018, 01:29 PM
No, it definitely runs through the ignition now.

Brians
05-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Got mine wired to the open ACC switch this week. Was a really easy mod. The wires from the ACC switch already had connectors on them. Funny thing was I had to wire the ACC power swith to both battery power and ignition power for the radio. I initially just wired to the ignition power but that did not work as the main radio power must have been on ignition power as well. I also put an inline fuse in. I would think this would be a must as it can't be great for the stereo to cycle on and off a bunch of times during a long day.