PDA

View Full Version : Wakeworld

shockthis
04-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Anyone know what happened to the wakeworld site, It has been down for almost a week.

Pound
04-11-2018, 10:21 AM
I think the "Trump for president" thread sucked up all the energy of the server and crashed it. Holy crap there's some outright hostility over there these days. I've had to severely limit my interaction w/that board b/c of knucklehead keyboard cowboys who'll say stuff from behind the safety of their computer screen that they'd NEVER say to someone in person (and i'm talking about both sides of the political spectrum). It's very refreshing that the mood and tone of this board is so friendly. And without the constant threats from mods to keep it that way. We're self-policing if you will.

mgswake
04-11-2018, 11:24 AM
I think the "Trump for president" thread sucked up all the energy of the server and crashed it. Holy crap there's some outright hostility over there these days. I've had to severely limit my interaction w/that board b/c of knucklehead keyboard cowboys who'll say stuff from behind the safety of their computer screen that they'd NEVER say to someone in person (and i'm talking about both sides of the political spectrum). It's very refreshing that the mood and tone of this board is so friendly. And without the constant threats from mods to keep it that way. We're self-policing if you will.

There are a couple trolls on wakeworld that just post asinine stuff that some people take seriously. But I agree, a lot of those threads just turn into bitch fests. I don't have moomba/supra but I love this forum and the info. It is good for all inboard and boat/water sports enthusiasts.

sandm
04-11-2018, 01:18 PM
man, I completely forgot about that website. haven't been on it for quite some time.

quite frankly if it never came back I would not miss it other than the find a 3rd section. did meet a few cool people on there off that part...

shockthis
04-11-2018, 01:25 PM
I really did like the articles not just the forum.

kaneboats
04-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Musta been the Russians.

MJHSupra
04-11-2018, 03:13 PM
I really did like the articles not just the forum.

I agree. I read the forum every now/then to get a good laugh. I rarely post. Too many brand cheerleaders.

It's too bad, it's a big audience and with all boat and equipment reviews, there are different angles to everything. But someone is always getting their panties in a wad about something.

Not Russia, China getting back at Prez T. Stealing WW trade secrets.

supra.d
04-11-2018, 09:17 PM
When I try to log in from my iPhone on Tapatalk the error states that it is down for maintenance and will be back up and running soon. Been doing that ever since it went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shockthis
04-12-2018, 02:30 AM
They Sent me a message on Fb and said it will be down for a couple more days.

Dan
04-12-2018, 08:32 AM
I've never been on that forum. Is there anything of value that I could not get from this forum that could help me?

Shoebox
04-12-2018, 09:22 AM
I've never been on that forum. Is there anything of value that I could not get from this forum that could help me?Only if you like arguing about Trump and other non-boat-related garbage.

Dan
04-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Only if you like arguing about Trump and other non-boat-related garbage.

Alrighty then. No wakeworld for me.

MMPRES
04-12-2018, 04:15 PM
I've never been on that forum. Is there anything of value that I could not get from this forum that could help me?

There is some pretty good insight when it comes to wakeboarding/wakesurfing expertise as a lot of the people have their pulse on the professional side of things. There's a lot of good forums on trick tips and there's a lot of pros in both sports that will weigh in on a lot of the conversations. The Trump talk is just one thread of a multitude of off topic conversations. I'll grant you sometimes people get a little overly brand loyal/party loyal and like throwing some flame at others. But for the most part, it's a pretty constructive site that you can learn about the industry (boards, boats, tricks, etc.). And that's only the forums. There's also video edits, images and articles as if it were an online publication. Check it out if they ever get it up and running again.

supra.d
04-12-2018, 10:49 PM
You can find some good threads, just ignore the rest. Ragboy from Wake9 is on there sometimes. He had a great tip on Autowake on one of the threads.

Pound
04-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Speaking of which.. why is he (Ragboy) not on this forum? He's a hard core Skiers Choice dude now!

MLA
04-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Speaking of which.. why is he (Ragboy) not on this forum? He's a hard core Skiers Choice dude now!

Id say you might find 90% of his forum content on his own wake-9 forum. Or me may be even doing more blogging then forum posting.

New Guy
04-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Looks like it is still down for the count. That suck its gone like many forums before it.

DatTexasBoy
04-18-2018, 09:40 PM
We aren't missing anything really. That site is mainly nonsense.

New Guy
04-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeah but it's the principle. I used to frequent lots of forums that are dead now. Social media can't replace all the information on a forum.

Sent from my SM-T807R4 using Tapatalk

MMPRES
04-19-2018, 10:10 AM
For the record, I have come across info on other forums that they should be up and running again within the next few days.

shockthis
04-19-2018, 11:30 AM
There are lots of good articles outside of the forum.

ssevey17
04-22-2018, 08:43 PM
Just an FYI, WakeWorld is back up and running

Cody
04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Just an FYI, WakeWorld is back up and running

Only the main page. Forum is not back up for me..

ssevey17
04-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Only the main page. Forum is not back up for me..

Oh really? I was doing some Google searching for stuff and clicked on a forum post and it worked fine...

LAwake
04-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Forum still not working for me.

supra.d
04-25-2018, 10:43 PM
Any updates? Anyone have any success getting on the forum?

shockthis
05-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Looks like the forum is back up

MJHSupra
05-07-2018, 02:11 PM
I noticed too. Let the fun start again.