PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a new cover - '05 Mobius LSV

futuredeadguy
09-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Question from a newbie:

Is an 04' Mobius LSV/tower/swim platform setup the same as on an '05?

I found the exact cover I want for my '05, but the seller says it only fits thru '04. Is their website out-of-date of is there really a difference - btw, I'm talking about Overtons.

Jim

qb12
09-29-2006, 09:07 AM
futuredeadguy, (what a name).

in regards to your question, i am 99% sure they are the same size and the tower was not changed for those two years. It was the 06 that the lsv got a "xtreme" makeover.

to make yourself feel better go and look on the moomba.com's website and you can download both manuals and see for yourself.

db

NCSUmoomba
09-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I had the same issue buying a cover for my 01 Outback. The cover was lister to fit 2000 model year, but not 2001. So I just looked around online at photos of 2001 & 2000 boats and they looked identical to me, so I ordered it anyway, and it fit perfect.

slaphappy
09-29-2006, 12:16 PM
The 05 LSV was an entirely new boat. I believe its almost a foot longer and probably wider than the 04 LSV..

qb12
09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
slaphappy, it is the same boat. in 06 is when the revamped lsv happened.

slaphappy
09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
slaphappy, it is the same boat. in 06 is when the revamped lsv happened. QB, you are correct. The 05 is 20'8" and the 06 is 21'6". Sorry about the bad info..

qb12
09-29-2006, 01:09 PM
slaphappy, no prob...

when i had my outback, i ordered one from skiboatcovers.com and it was a nice cover.

however i would not tow with any cover that has straps. if you want the "best" cover out there go to rankincovers.com. they are sweet and $$$$$

futuredeadguy
09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all the help, guys. I never expected so many replies within 24 hours. This site is great.

QB12 - I took your advice and compared the spec sheets from both manuals. They are dead on exactly the same. I talked to Overtons and asked them why they did not list the '05 - they said the manufacturer had not patterned the '05 yet so would not index it. Guess they figure not too many people need covers for a fairly new model, so why bother. So Overtons still would not recommend buying a cover for an '04.

So I went one better and called Skiers Choice myself - They were anxious to help and assured me the boats were identical in every way.

Ed G, sorry to say I had already ordered when I saw your post, but I did just now check out the link you posted. Those are nice covers, but I could not find one for a boat with a tower, which my boat has (I looked for only a few minutes so maybe I missed it).

Ended up getting their top of the line Hurricane Sunbrella in Logo Red to match the accent on my boat. See it here: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/boatcover/bc_detail.cgi?r=bdc&make=MOOMBA&model=MOBIUS%20LSV,%20W/%20TOWER,%20COVERS%20PLATFORM&unum=50445&year=2003&item_num=70480&part_num=MOO156A. Sucker wasn't cheap, but neither is the time and $$ it would take to order a new one in a couple of years. It has tower cutouts and also covers the platform.

Thanks again everyone - I'll post a photo when it comes in.

Hey NCSUmoomba - I went to State, too. Always good to run into someone from the pack! Hope you aren't one of the guys I got in a fight with when I was there. (Got my butt whipped by three guys from Kappa Sig one night back in '81 - believe me, I deserved it!)

Jim in Nashville

futuredeadguy
10-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Here's a couple photos: http://home.comcast.net/~37215/cover.jpg

The cover is perfect. Label stated it was for an '02 Mobius LSV, which freaked me out. I opened it anyway and it fits. It fits so tightly, the 1" pcv pipe I previously used to support the stock cover for drainage can't be used anymore.

Worth every cent.

Jim

JoeTechie
10-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the '05 LSV trailers are differenet than the '03 Base OB ones like that Ed.

-J

futuredeadguy
10-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Good eye, Ed.

The right post leans back a little further than the left. Not sure why - it was like that when I bought it. They do appear to be adjustable though. This is one of my many nitpicky complaints with my dealer.

Boat had 14 hours on it but was still considered new - already had to replace the cover, too!

By the way everyone, I need to get rid of the cover I replaced. Hate to just throw it out. It's VERY dirty from sitting under the tree in the photo - and the velcro is pulling loose a bit in some spots, but could be easily repaired. Stock Attwood grey Moomba logo canvas cover, no rips in fabric. Pay for the shipping and it's yours.

New cover will be under a carport, so hopefully will stay cleaner.

Jim

futuredeadguy
10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Ed:

Today was a very good day for my boat. Won't need the additional cover.

I had her winterized today, and as I was getting ready to tow her to the carport way out in the country at a relative's house, Lee at Ski Hut here in Nashville (www.skihut.com) offered me a great deal on indoor storage - about $60/mo cheaper than anyone else. Price is $125/mo - worth every penny for my sanity since I'm out of town a lot. I was literally starting to have bad dreams about theft and weather damage. That will stop tonight.

He said they have an additional building available this year. If anyone needs storage near Nashville, contact Lee via their website.

Jim

scoot_gt
10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey Jim -

Your new cover looks great! I sent you a PM regarding your old cover. I'm considering it for my 06 Outback V. Check your PMs and let me know.

Thanks
Scoot

futuredeadguy
11-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Old cover is sold.

Jim