PDA

View Full Version : 2018 MAX or 2016 Mojo questions

JamesG
04-05-2018, 02:33 PM
I posted my first thread a week or so ago about the differences between the 2015 up to current model year Mojo's, got some great feedback. One suggested why not look at the Max. I thought bigger boat meant bigger price and Mojo was already at the top of what i wanted to spend. I demo'd a 2018 Mojo, and when the dealer suggested the Max at a much lower price, i was shocked, so i looked at it and liked it. So here is my question, where is Moomba/SC cutting the cost here? Same motor, same surf tech that i can see....i see the interior is a bit more spartan, but at what cost as it relates to functionality?? Is the fiberglass of a lesser quality or thickness? Educate me guys on what i should be seeing or what i am missing, because as of right now, I am not seeing any reason not to go the Max route, after a demo of course. Thanks!

JamesG
04-05-2018, 02:48 PM
And to clarify, my mention of the 2016 Mojo is in reference to the price of a lightly used/well equipped Mojo is not far off from a 2018 Max, if anyone wondered! I am looking at a couple of 16 Mojo's and trying to justify against a new Max.

Shoebox
04-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Get the Max.

Mobius22
04-05-2018, 03:33 PM
JamesG, come by the factory. We're happy to take you through and show you how they're all built. I can tell you that the fiberglass thickness/quality is not changed between any of our models.

russellsmojo
04-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Once you get in both on same day you can find cost savings. It’s in tower, interior, and shiny stuff like billet pieces. The cost savings is not in bones quality.

I also think saying one is a no brainer over the other is incorrect. They are not even same length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
You're welcome.. Lol.. I wish could afford a max, spartan yes, but all that space.

rdlangston13
04-06-2018, 08:18 AM
The Max is shorter which eliminates cost from seating. You don’t get any gauges on the dash just the screen. The base of tower is less decorative and mainly for me I have still not been able to fall in love with the way the max looks

Prospersigman
04-06-2018, 09:28 AM
If I were in the entry level surf boat market...no doubt I would be going the Max route. I've owned a 2016 Mojo and been in the Max several times, there are not that many differences in luxury amenities between the Max and Mojo. The Max is 2" wider than the Mojo, has a 65 gallon fuel capacity, significantly deeper and has more available storage space than the Mojo. From the videos I have seen it throws a better surf wave as well, but I have not ridden behind one.

russellsmojo
04-06-2018, 10:49 AM
But it has a white nose.

Prospersigman
04-06-2018, 12:23 PM
But it has a white nose.

I built out an all platinum one, with the upgraded black Moomba logo, black rub rail and Triton vertical racks and it was pretty sweet looking...at least online.

russellsmojo
04-06-2018, 01:17 PM
I built out an all platinum one, with the upgraded black Moomba logo, black rub rail and Triton vertical racks and it was pretty sweet looking...at least online.

Is the nose white?? I am just heckling. Would own one no problem.

I do think a new deck line on the front would help the boat out.

Prospersigman
04-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Platinum is the only other option other than white...but all platinum doesnt have the white nose :D

That Guy
04-06-2018, 05:05 PM
I really want to see this platinum in person, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a boat in that color.

JamesG
04-06-2018, 05:35 PM
First time trying to post pic, not sure if it works, if so, here is the Max in question! And the black is metal flake, just cant tell in this photo.

deerfield
04-06-2018, 10:00 PM
JamesG - Take up this offer to tour the factory. You won't be disappointed. - Deerfield

JamesG, come by the factory. We're happy to take you through and show you how they're all built. I can tell you that the fiberglass thickness/quality is not changed between any of our models.

Ramzak
04-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Once you get in both on same day you can find cost savings. It’s in tower

They use the exact same Roswell Tower???

rdlangston13
04-11-2018, 01:01 PM
They use the exact same Roswell Tower???

Negative. The top may be the same but the base where it bolts up to the boat is night and day. The Mojo, Craz, and Mondo towers actually flow into the boat at the bottom. The max and helix just kind of stop. It doesn’t flow well at all. One of my biggest pet peeves with the max and Helix