PDA

View Full Version : New boards and bindings

KnoxMojo
04-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Anyone picking up new decks to ride or bindings? I am in the process of putting bindings on all of my boards. I know it isn't optimal, but I just want to pick a board for the day and ride it. Thought about getting the 2017 Nomad, but its about the same as my 2015. They are stiffer for 2018, so I will hold out until they show up as blems. It seems everyone is buying high dollar boats for surf machines and doesn't wakeboard anymore. Besides cable, it seems to be a dying breed.

Stazi
04-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Anyone picking up new decks to ride or bindings? I am in the process of putting bindings on all of my boards. I know it isn't optimal, but I just want to pick a board for the day and ride it. Thought about getting the 2017 Nomad, but its about the same as my 2015. They are stiffer for 2018, so I will hold out until they show up as blems. It seems everyone is buying high dollar boats for surf machines and doesn't wakeboard anymore. Besides cable, it seems to be a dying breed.

I got a Ronix Parks Air Camber last year. Awesome board, much lighter than my older 2012 Ronix One, and the camber makes you ride more even weighted and less rear foot biased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
04-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Nice Stazi, I've been riding the Ronix Bandwagon XL camber. It's not as light as the air core, but still super fun. Going to mount up bindings on my 160 Nomad again. Mine is a 15 model, heard the 18s are much more stiff.

5:00
04-03-2018, 10:20 AM
I got a Ronix Parks Air Camber last year. Awesome board, much lighter than my older 2012 Ronix One, and the camber makes you ride more even weighted and less rear foot biased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same and it is a world of difference from the Ronix I had previously been riding. It is almost like cheating with how amazingly lightweight it is. Fun board to ride.

New Guy
04-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I rode camber and couldn't stand it. Had a Vandall and sold that now I'm back on my old Marek. Maybe I'll pickup something new this year.

OHSupra
04-11-2018, 10:13 AM
I have the 2017 Space Blanket for sale if anyone is interested. Rode once, like new in box.

btbpreston
04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
I have the 2017 Space Blanket for sale if anyone is interested. Rode once, like new in box.Size? Price?

OHSupra
04-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Size? Price?

I'd like to get $300.00 and charge actual shipping, (I had it up on ebay for 340) I can get a shipping quote if you need me to. And this is seriously like new, not binding marks or anything.

MMPRES
04-17-2018, 10:01 PM
Not dying out per se, just so much more expansion of the surf market as it's more forgiving with a smaller/less aggressive learning curve. Pretty sure the world is progressively becoming sissified and risk averse. I'm thinking I have a good 5-7 years of riding aggressively and we'll see from there. It's too fun to put it down.

I had been riding the Marek through it's last 4 iterations, but wanted something different this last year and elected to go with the Murray 150. Absolutely love that board. I went with the 1.0" fins from a previous Marek I had broken as opposed to the 0.8s" as it's a little squirrely with the smaller fins. For those that haven't tried it yet, it's lighter (granted not a light as the aircore boards), pops great and still sits high on the water because of the increased surface area without the feeling of extra swing weight that you typically experience with larger board models.

Stazi
04-18-2018, 07:16 AM
Not dying out per se, just so much more expansion of the surf market as it's more forgiving with a smaller/less aggressive learning curve. Pretty sure the world is progressively becoming sissified and risk averse. I'm thinking I have a good 5-7 years of riding aggressively and we'll see from there. It's too fun to put it down.

I had been riding the Marek through it's last 4 iterations, but wanted something different this last year and elected to go with the Murray 150. Absolutely love that board. I went with the 1.0" fins from a previous Marek I had broken as opposed to the 0.8s" as it's a little squirrely with the smaller fins. For those that haven't tried it yet, it's lighter (granted not a light as the aircore boards), pops great and still sits high on the water because of the increased surface area without the feeling of extra swing weight that you typically experience with larger board models.

A 150? Wow. That’s a big board. And I thought my old 146 Ronix One was big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
04-18-2018, 01:10 PM
I have a brand new Murray 150 I need to break out for this season. My 160 Nomad is a lot of fun! Going to get an 18 Nomad 155 when blemboards gets them at some point. I'd like to try the Ronix Parks air core camber, just not willing to throw the money out yet.

mikepo26
04-19-2018, 06:11 AM
I am riding a Murray 150 from last year. I purchased it after loving the 142 but wanted to see what this "ride bigger" thing was all about. I love the 150 Murray , super stable, light and just fun to ride, i teach people to ride on it and it makes a day on the lake more enjoyable for everyone

KnoxMojo
04-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Its about that time to get back out there!! I've been twice this year, but I am ready to get back out a couple days a week or more.

DFTR Josh
04-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Still rocking the Byerly AR1 and RONIX One for the season. Injured knee last season and didn't even ride except surf.